NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Lactacyd face wash

I've had a few nasty cases of breakouts.

I had my first major breakout when I was 15. Zits all over my face. Went to see a dermatologist and was prescribed antibiotics and Lactacyd face wash. This combination cleared up my skin. However, I stopped using the Lactacyd cleanser because I found it too harsh - the skin on my palm peeled off after continuous use.

The next time I experience a bad breakout was when I was around 23 years old. I tried MAC Studio Fix Liquid foundation and got a bad reaction from using it. I went to the same derm and she prescribed me antibiotics and Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin. I continued using the cleanser for about a year, until it reached a point where it did nothing for my oily skin.

Then at age 24 I broke out again, this time because of Sephora mineral foundation. I went back to the same derm, and this time she gave me antibiotics and Lactacyd cleanser. Prior to the dermatologist visit, a colleague told me that she swore by yoghurt cleanser to maintain flawless skin. Lactacyd's active ingredient is lactic acid which comes from milk so I was excited to try the cleanser again. Oh, and did you inow that Cleopatra used milk as part of her beauty regime? I didn't plan to use it for a long time though, because based on my experience, it's abrasive.

Surprisingly I've been using Lactacyd for almost 2 years now. I guess they changed the formula because it is no longer harsh on my skin. Another thing that I like about this cleanser is that it doesn't contain a lot of chemicals. It has very few ingredients, with the main one being lactic acid.

This is how the Lactacyd face wash looks like:

Image Googled

The manufacturer has changed the bottle design for the Lactacyd feminine hygiene wash so consumers won't get confused with the face wash.

Actually this Lactacyd cleanser is not just for face, you can also use it as body wash and shampoo. But right now I'll just stick to using it as facial cleanser :-)



No comments: