NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Monday, May 6, 2013

Tips for travellers


Last week I went to London for a holiday with my husband. Today I'm back in Malaysia and still recovering from post-holiday blues (the feeling right after you come back from a holiday is the worst feeling ever! It's like...you have nothing else to look forward to) so I decide to write a short blog entry on travelling.

Here are a few tips which (I hope) all other travellers out there might find useful for your future vacations:

Cropped jacket vs Long Coat
If you intend to travel light to a cold climate country, try to bring one jacket only. Preferably a cropped jacket instead of those long trench coats to save space. Oh, and if you're petite like me cropped jackets will suit you better. Long coats will just "drown" you and this will not look flattering in photos.

Small flexible tripod
It's good to have a small flexible tripod that you can mount anywhere (well, almost anywhere) to take photos. Then you don't have to rely on strangers to take your pictures and you'll take less self-potraits too. I love taking self-potraits but when I'm on holiday, I want to capture the scenery as well.
You don't have to buy expensive tripods. Daiso sells good and reliable small flexible tripodsfor RM5 only.

Foldable tote bags
I'm the kind of traveller who carries a backpack from home-airport-hotel and vice versa, and uses handbag while I'm shopping or sightseeing at my holiday destination. Usually I would pack a large bulky handbag in my luggage but recently I've developed a liking for Longchamp bags. Simple design, nice colours and most importantly, foldable.

Ensure all liquid bottles are less than or equal to 100ml
I always got my contact lens solution confiscated because I forgot each time that the 100ml rule is based on the bottle size, not the amount of liquid. If the amount of liquid is less than 100ml but the volume of the bottle is, say, 120ml, then the liquid will be confiscated by airport security.

Travel pillow
Last but not least, bring a travel pillow! I forgot to bring mine during the recent London trip and totally regretted it!

No comments: