NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Life moves on but sometimes I wish there's a rewind button...

When I was little, I couldn't wait to grow up and go to school.

I looked forward to make friends and learn new things.

Then I started my schooldays and I hated it.

I struggled to fit in, I had to study real hard to compete with my friends and there were those endless exams.

That was when I looked forward to university.

I really liked the idea of freedom, to be independent and be able to pursue my dreams in the field that I wanted.

But that all changed once I finally attended university. I made some really bad choices, I didn't enjoy what I was studying and I constantly prayed that college life will be over real quick. What I really wanted that time was to graduate, find a good job and earn my own money and never have to look at any thick textbooks ever again.

Finally I got my degree and landed a job that pays me 5 times more than the allowance I used to get while I was studying. Guess what? Just the idea of coming to work makes me SICK and I wish I can go back to my childhood and NEVER dream about growing up again.

Because it's a scary world and being a grown-up SUCKS.

No comments: