NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm one happy girl!

Why am I happy? Because today I'm on leave. In-lieu for YDPA's birthday. And I've got some of the things on my wish list crossed!

I bought an iPod touch with my first salary. With my second salary, I bought the Samsung PL101 2View camera!

It has dual LCDs. Now I can camwhore easily. Yay!


Bought this camera yesterday at Sunway Pyramid. At RM699, it comes with a pouch, strap, 2G memory card and tripod! What a bargain!

Today I went to Ampang Putri Hospital for a medical check up. Everything's fine with me, alhamdulillah. Just as I was about to go home, the doctor asked whether I'd received my vaccination for cervical cancer. I haven't, and I've always wanted to get it, so I told the doctor I wanted the jab immediately.

Just as he was about to plunge the needle into my forearm, this thought crossed my mind: How much does the injection cost? I can't believed I've agreed to a medical procedure without asking about its cost beforehand!

So I asked the doctor, "How much does this vaccination costs?"

He said, "Err...it's not the cost that matter. This vaccine is really good. Don't think about the cost. It's better to prevent cervical cancer. If you get cancer, the cost of curing it will be much much more than preventing it."

I've known this doctor all my life so I knew right there and then that if he didn't give me a straight answer, it means that thing is bloody expensive.

The vaccination costs me a freakin RM300.

That's not the end of it though. I have to come to the clinic again for my second and third injection. Total cost of the vaccination is RM900.

That is approximately my one week's worth of salary.

But the doctor was right. Prevention is better than cure. I'm willing to pay that amount of money and do whatever I can to protect myself from cervical cancer. But there's this Swatch that I've been eyeing on for quite sometime, and I had to forget about buying it this month. And by the way, it's so unfair that schoolkids get the vaccination for FREE! I wanna be in school again dammit.

After the medical check up, I went to Uniten with my parents to pay the convocation fee and submit the convocation attendance form.

Then we went to KLCC. This must be my lucky day because my dad bought me the Swatch (as a graduation present) AND gave me RM300 to reimburse for the injection. Oh how nice of him! I graciously accepted the RM300 and went crazy at Dorothy Perkins.

Present for graduating. 'Me & My Shoes' watch by Swatch.


The black work pants. Need to alter its length. Man I'm so short. I've bought this in petite size already. Maybe Dorothy Perkins should come up with 'Dwarf' or 'Midget' sizing.

I don't know how many times I've mentioned this in my blog but...I love Dorothy Perkins so much! It's like, their clothes are designed specially for me or something. If people ask me what's my style like, I won't say things like "Rocker chick meets classy lady bla bla bla." I would simply say, "Dorothy Perkins." That's my style.

I bought a pair of black work pants, black striped blazer, and a grey skirt. All these for RM330 only. I paid additional RM10 and I get to sign up for their membership. Now I can get 10% discount off normal-priced merchandise at Topshop, Miss Selfridge and Dorothy Perkins. Awesome!
P/S: Took these photos using my new camera and the pics are blurred even though the camera is 12.2 megapixel. Will make a point to spend some time learning the user manual (and overcoming this shaky-hand thing) during the weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving the skirt and shoes!! like seriously!!

Nana said...

U pakai kasut size ape? I think I bought the shoes in the wrong size.

Anonymous said...

3 or 4. u beli size ape?

Nana said...

It's size 4. It's yours then :-)

Anonymous said...

aww seriously? :')
ur the best!