NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sick

On Monday, I was sneezing in the morning. Then yesterday (Tuesday), I got sore throat. Slowly, I started to feel cold, even though there was no aircond in the office (sedih kan? Old building, only some parts got aircond). Then, I got headache (and I'm sure it's not because of the same Rihanna song playing repetitively at the office)...followed by body ache.

During lunch time, I drank iced lemon tea. Big mistake. My sore throat got worse. By 3pm, I was shivering and I couldn't even type at all.

I went home at 5.30pm sharp, and thank God there wasn't any jam and when I arrived home, my dad drove me to the nearest panel clinic. Actually I prefer another clinic which is within walking distance from my house but that clinic isn't a panel clinic.

The panel clinic doctor was so unfriendly. I walked in, and she didn't ask me anything. No "So how can I help you?". Nothing.

So I said, "Sore throat, fever, body ache."

She checked my temperature using this ancient thermometer (the coloured plastic which is supposed to be placed on your forehead). The last time I saw that kind of thermometer was when I was 3 years old. Then she checked my throat. I guess it was really bad cos she immediately gave me MC without me having to ask for it. But I got 1 day MC only. Hmph.

Then she made this gesture with her hand as if to say "Get out."

I went out, and my dad was like, "That was fast!"

This morning, I woke up at 9pm and had the yummiest nasi lemak for breakfast. After taking my medicine, I played Docking Donuts (yup, tiru Dunkin' Donuts) on my iPod. The game was so addictive that I played until my hand got cramped. Then I slept again until 2pm. My mum bought Nandos for lunch. 1/4 chicken with rice, peri corn (yum yum) and peri wedges (even yummier!).

Suddenly, it's 4.30pm. Time flies by so fast when you're on leave. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a rude doctor ;|