NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Monday, May 2, 2011

Colourful rhinestones headbands

I have a thing for colourful stones. I love jewelleries and hair accessories adorned with colourful acrylic rhinestones.

A few months back, Mr.Y bought me a very expensive Evita Peroni headband (which I can never afford!). The headband has all these colourful stones lined up on it. I love it so much that I wear the headband almost all the time.


I'm always on the lookout for headbands similar to the one that Mr.Y gave me. Sadly, I couldn't find any so far. There's a similar headband at Evita Peroni, but it costs RM299 :-(

I browsed the Internet and came across FashionValet.net. There's a pink Sereni & Shentel headband that really caught my eyes. It's slightly cheaper than Evita Peroni (priced at RM120) but somehow I couldn't bring myself to buy it.


A few days ago, I went back to JB and went to Plaza Angsana with my mum and aunt. We went into a shop that sells art & deco stuffs. I found some bracelet, necklace and earring hooks and decided to buy them and make my own jewellery. I also found LOTS of colourful acrylic rhinestones and I went crazy and bought it in almost every colour.


As I was paying for my purchases, my mum commented, "Bila masa awak nak buat jewellery ni?" She was right, I have no time for art & craft hobbies. But I was determined to prove to her that me buying all these beads and accessories hooks isn't pointless. Today I went to ACE Hardware and bought nylon string and superglue.


I went home, and decided to make a bracelet. Too bad -- those rhinestones aren't suitable for making bracelets. I need to get normal beads. So I thought, nevermind, since I couldn't make a bracelet, I'll make something else. I saw a plain headband on my drawer and decided to make a rhinestone headband.

This is how it turned out to be...








My first handmade headband! I was so proud. I showed my mum and the first thing she said was, "What is the cost of making this headband? You should sell it. It's gorgeous."


I was ecstatic. So I decorated another plain headband with rhinestones.






Mr.Y also thinks that I should sell those headbands. Hmm...what shall I call my shop/business? Maybe I should name it after my mum's cat, Koko, since she's the one who suggested that I start a business.


Me -- Managing Director, Koko Jewellery Boutique.



Sounds good!

No comments: