NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, October 23, 2011

David Foster & Friends Concert

I got 2 complimentary tickets from Enrich to watch the David Foster & Friends concert on 23 Oct 2011 at Stadium Putra Bukit Jalil. So I dragged my fiance along with me to the concert.

Concert started at around 8pm and we arrived there around 7.30pm. We parked on the opposite side of the road because we thought the parking would be full, judging from the long queue entering the stadium.

The walk from our parking spot to the stadium took FOREVER. We missed the shortcut to the stadium (passing through the LRT station) and ended up taking a big turn to enter the stadium. By the time we arrived at the stadium, I was sweating and felt like cursing out loud. My makeup was ruined!

At the stadium, we tried to find the entrace. There were long queues everywhere. We walked around the stadium (such a torture because by then I already got blisters on my feet) and turned out that the long queues were for people whose tickets were priced at MYR153-183. Our tickets were worth MYR483 and the 'MYR483' sign was blocked by the concert banner!

So then we finally found our entrance. Fortunately, the queue was short. There was a security check though. Outside food and drinks were not allowed (lucky we didn't buy anything at the booth outside!).

Then, finally, we're in the stadium!



View of the stage using my 3.2MP phone camera :-p






The concert began with a slideshow of David Foster's greatest hits, namely songs by Toni Braxton, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Earth Wind & Fire, Michael Bolton, Chakra Khan, Josh Groban and Peter Cetera.


The concert began with Charice's performance. I haven't heard of the first 2 songs she performed, but Mr.Y claimed that the songs are hits (a sign that I should be listening to the radio more often). Then she sang Unbreak My Heart (Toni Braxton) and The Power of Love (Celine Dion) and her voice was just AMAZING.


Next, Dayang Faizah came onstage and sang this 1 song...I couldn't remember the title...sorry!


After Dayang, a girl named Anne went onstage and sang Through the Fire (Chakra Khan).


At some point during the concert, David Foster would come down from the stage and asked the audience to sing. Those selected people could sing very well and I believe that it's not as spontaneous as it seemed and that everything was planned and reheased.


Next to perform was Russell Watson who had big voice, very suitable to sing opera songs. I was not familar with the songs he performed. I only knew one song that he sang, the famous Josh Groban song - You Raise Me Up?


After Russell Watson was Ashanti's turn.She sang a medley of her own hits, then sang Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You. Her vocal was impressive. She even brought her mum on this tour and her mum loved recording videos of everything. David Foster called Ashanti's mum up onstage and she captured the audience on her videocam. While her mum was running on the stage barefoot, Ashanti told her mum to be careful. It was cute.


After that, Philip Bailey came onstage. He played percussions and performed songs by Earth, Wind & Fire. It was great. When he performed 'September', the audience all got up and danced.


Last to perform was Michael Bolton. He performed his hit songs and did a duet with Charice (I couldn't remember the song). Before the concert ended, all the singers performed Michael Jackson's Earth Song.


The audience demanded for an encore and David Foster played a medley (or more like a teaser, because he played the songs bit by bit and didn't finish them completely) of his songs on piano. Then the concert ended.


I arrived home at 12am-ish and was super tired and sleepy and went straight to bed.

No comments: