NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wedding Updates...

On Saturday, my parents and I went to a relative's house in TTDI to collect the things that she helped to decorate for my wedding.

One of them is the duit ambo-ambo (not sure if I spell this correctly).

At Johore traditional weddings, an elderly person (usually the bride's mum) or even the bride herself, will throw coins at the guests. Sometimes, the duit ambo-ambo is decorated nicely. My relative decorated it using 2-tone fabrics that matches my theme colour, gold.


Duit ambo-ambo


That relative of mine also helped to decorate the wedding favours for the main table.

Pink flowers with a hint of gold


On Monday, both mine and Mr.Y's family had a meeting to discuss the last minute details of our reception. Then, we went to Empire to shop for our hantaran. Both of us got 1 last pending item to give to each other.

I already knew what I wanted...


A Coach bag!

Coach was having their clearance sale. The handbag I chose is a convertible and has many compartments. I can't remember the full name... it's Madison Op Art Sateen something. I just love the Madison collection! The handbag I chose for my engagement hantaran was also from the Madison collection.


Next, shopped for fiance's hantaran. Shopping for men is so difficult! For our wedding, I've bought him shirt & tie, belt & wallet set, perfume set, ring, watch...and the last item (other than cakes and fruits and chocolates of course), has been pending for too long because I didn't know what to buy! Some of the things we've considered before...


1)A Parker pen...but everytime we wanted to buy it, there's always nobody at the counter to assist us.


2)Coat/sweater


3)I've thought of surprising him with a painting of both of us, but I'm too chicken to go to Bintang Walk at night and approach the artists there.


4)He wanted some PS3 stuffs but I don't think it looks appropriate as a hantaran.


So in the end, I bought him...





an Olympus digital camera!

Initially, we saw a RM399 camera at Sony and he mentioned that he has never own a camera before. So I asked the salesperson if they have the camera in black/silver, but sadly, they're out of stock.


So we went to another electrical shop and found Panasonic - Lumix cameras. The lazy ass at the counter did not assist us and Mr.Y suggested that we go to the photo shop at the ground floor to see more camera brands.


Then we saw Olympus cameras and I remembered something...my mum had an Olympus camera and I like my photos if taken using that camera. Fazilah also has an Olympus camera and I love the outcomes whenever I take photos using her camera.


We asked the salesperson if they have the Olympus camera in black, and fortunately they had it, and at a special price of RM350! Mr.Y tested the camera by taking my photos and as expected with Olympus cameras, I loved my photos! So I bought the camera for him.


Now we're done with hantaran shopping!

No comments: