NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last day of 2011

How I spent the last day of 2011:

Woke up, had my breakfast. Figured that it's the right time to start eating healthy, so I started my day drinking a glass of warm water and ate mandarin oranges. Then I had a little bit of fried rice and a little bit of fried noodles.

Showered, got dressed and went to the tailor for my wedding dress fitting. I got 4 dresses:

1) Dress for solemnization ceremony: OK, but it's heavy with beads so putting it on and taking it off is such a hassle.

2) Dress for Reception #1: The slit at the back of the long dress is just too much! It almost goes up to my butt! I didn't realize this when I tried this on at the tailor's because I was busy focusing on other details, but I'm gonna send this dress back and tell her to stich up the slit because it's too revealing.

3) Dress for Reception #2: The most beautiful gown I've ever seen! Unfortunately, it's made of heavy duchess fabric and the tailor used a tiny zip. The zip got stuck and they had to put on a bigger, stronger zip to the dress.

4) Dress for Reception #3: This fits well, too bad it makes me look like I'm wearing a curtain.

So I only took 2 of the dresses home (for solemnization & Reception #1) and I paid for all my dresses to lessen my debt!

Next, went to Felda Villa to submit all the marriage documentation to the jurunikah.

After that, went to KLCC. Got my first full salary already, so I paid off my outstanding zakat for 2011. I was supposed to start paying zakat in May this year, but I put it aside until now, so the total that I had to pay is RM432.

After paying off the zakat, I felt better and I decided to buy a new pair of jeans at Levi's. I've always wanted the Curve ID jeans since October, but when I resigned, I didn't get my salary and last month, I didn't get full salary. The Slight Curve jeans didn't fit me, the Bold Curve fits me but doesn't look that flattering, so I bought the Demi Curve.

Then, I treated my parents for lunch at Dome. They had fish n chips, and I had this horrible grilled catch of the day. The chef can't even marinate a fish! Too salty. I think the best grilled catch of the day is still at Manhattan Fish Market.

Next, went to Swarowski. Nothing interesting there. Tiny, delicate, pricey jewellery. Not my thing.

At Parkson's accessories section, something caught my eye - Monet alphabet gold pendant. From RM248 discounted to RM173. Unfortunately the letter 'N' was not available. There was an 'L' which stands for Liyana, but I don't want to buy it because Liyana is the name my office colleagues call me.

Went to ISetan, hoping I could find the 'N' pendant. No luck.

Saw a Nine West handbag sale and there's a bag that I liked but the display was actually the last piece, so, no thanks.

Since I had no luck with shopping, I went home and tried to make full use of my day by folding clothes etc.etc.

OMG, I'm getting married in 3 weeks!

No comments: