NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The (Mis)Adventures of Nana

On Tuesday morning (I mean, REALLY early in the morning),my dad woke me up. That's the day--off to
JB, my beloved kampung. Not only I was getting ready in a rush, my dad couldn't send me and my mum
to KL sentral coz he's in a hurry to go to work. Nevermind, called a cab. No cab could come--it was
peak hour, people rushing to go to work, plus it was RAINING. So Dad sent us instead. He drove to the Raja Chulan monorail station, and accompanied us till we arrive at KL Sentral. I
really wish I could spend my hols sleeping til afternoon(I have morning classes everyday in Uniten).
Instead, there I was, walking around town early in the morning, carrying my grandma's heavy bags.
This isn't my idea of fun.Arrived in JB. Lots of relatives. Noisy. Brought along my sports notes but CAN'T STUDY at all. Two
days wasted, just like that. I can't be hanging around at my grandma's place with nothing to do
while back home I got reports to do and I need to figure out that Surfer8 thingy too.The only great thing that happened was that on the second and last day, which was YESTERDAY, I went
to City Square with my mum. Bought some really cool stuffs, which includes this awesome
shirtdress,flip flops,the Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment and a fake Anya
Hindmarch bag. Had Caesar salad for lunch with my aunt at Coffee Bean. Aunt said that Coffee Bean
makes the best Caesar salad, I kind of agree with her.Finally, in the evening, went to airport. Flight at 8.50pm. Arrived in KLIA and that's when the REAL
adventure started. There was a looong queue for taxi so we decided to take the ERL to KL Sentral.
Upon arriving in Sentral, we discovered that the taxi service wasn't available. Tough luck. Took the
Putra to Jelatek instead. What a nightmare. The station is PACKED with people wanting to celebrate
Merdeka (can't they just stay at home???). In the train, ended up sitting next to these noisy mak
ciks...Arrrgh...headache2.Arrived at Jelatek station, we knew that there's no way we can take the shuttle bus, it's already
LATE. So walked to the main road, tagging along those heavy bags (my parents carried bags with
wheels, I had to carry the luggage WITHOUT the wheels). Waited for ages, and NO taxi would want to
stop and take us home. There's no other option--we walked.Yes!We walked! For,like,10kms??Or more I think.All the way from Jelatek,to Jln Ampang and
home.Really test my rectus femoris and tibialis and soleus and whatever muscle it is that we use to
walk (practically all the leg muscles,I assume) and I carried two bags on my shoulders. My shoulders
were KILLING me.I was wearing a 3-inch heels and luckily the flip flops I bought earlier saved the
day. Halfway home Dad asked if we wanted to stay at a taxi stand while he walked home alone and get
the car and fetch us. I was kinda pissed off already, and said no way, we'd walk, we've come a long
way already. So we walk, and walk and walk and it seemed like FOREVER till we finally got home. I had to thank Uniten for my good endurance level, coz during my foundation orientation week we had
to walk a lot(like from coit to our apartment) and when classes started, I got used to all the
walking (I walk to coe, BA, BD, KMC,I walk practically EVERYWHERE except to coit of course).I walked really fast, and was sweating like MAD but I didn't feel tired at all UNTIL I got home. My
parents were waaay behind me, like 10m away, but I don't care, I wanna get home FAST. It's kinda
scary though, walking alone, especially with guys on motorcycles hooting at me and stuffs. They
probably thought I'm a problemed teenager who had run away from home.Whatever it is, I'm happy and grateful that now me & my parents are home safely. And now I'm
thinking negative stuffs and what-ifs. What if some drunk driver drive off the road and hit us? What
if we stepped on a snake while walking through some brushes? Scaryyy right? We arrived home at
12.30am!P/S: I really did the right thing buying that Body Shop foot cream, considering what I had gone
through ;)

No comments: