NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, May 10, 2009

3D 2N in JB

The reason why this blog is deserted for a week is because my dad decided to go back to JB and dragged me along with him.Ha ha.

My grandma has Astro now. But she doesn't have MTV/E/StarWorld/Channel V so I'm still pretty bored. So I'd have to settle for Travel&Living channel, watching mat salehs eat starfish and mice. Nice.

Coincidently, May 10th, which is Mother's Day, also happens to be my grandma's birthday. My aunt planned a birthday dinner, but the problem is, my grandma only likes to eat her own cooking and hates eating out. But my persuasive aunt managed to coax her to go.

We ate at this place called DANN'S CAFE. Their specialty is nasi beriyani. The deco of the restaurant is very Middle Eastern, and they play those miserable Malay songs (Fantasia Bulan Madu, Di Persimpangan Dilema, Teringin etc.) but with a Middle Eastern twist! Using that string instrument that Arabs play, what is it called? Sitar?

I had chicken chop. Not bad. Small portion, and it's grilled, perfect for dinner.


My aunt baked these yummy cuppies (Martha Stewart's recipe).
.

Happy birthday grandma!! I love you!! XOXO

No comments: