NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Coach!

Yesterday, Mr.Y and I went to Sunway Pyramid to buy the last hantaran (gift) for me...a Coach handbag!

After quite some time of thinking which bag to buy, I finally settled forthe Madison Dotted Op Art Top Handle Pouch.




I feel rich carrying this paper bag around the mall. Hehe.




I just love the khaki + pink colour combination.





So cute!




Another 48 days and this bag will be all mine...





The back view.



Popular bookstore was also having a book sale and I fell in love with this small, pink Quran with Malay translation. So Mr.Y bought it, to be included in the same tray with the telekung and prayer mat.



Then we went to Mr.Y's house to fetch his mom and little sis. Activity of the day --shopping for fabric to make my dress (for his family's reception). Since I'm too short andpetite, we cannot rent a dress. The dress has to be tailor-made specially to fit my size.What a hassle huh?


Future mum-in-law (FMIL) picked a creme Duchess fabric to go with a white tulle lace. I have to say she's got a great taste. The result of these two combination is the mostgorgeous fabric I've ever seen. The colours, the embroidery...simply amazing. This fabric will be made into a dress for a night reception (for Mr.Y's dad's work colleagues).



Due to my (lack of) photography skills, I'm unable to potray the fabric beautifully as it really is.


For the day reception (friends and family), I get to pick the theme colour. I like peachso I picked a dark peach satin to go with a peach tulle lace. The tulle lace is not sonice (even FMIL and FSIL agreed with me) but the shop doesn't have any other peach tullelace. So we all settled for it.

In this picture it looks pink. It's actually peach.

Mr.Y doesn't like the color though. He said it doesn't suit his skintone. Even after his mum said it doesn't matter if it suit him or not because the most important thing is that I'll look pretty, he's still hesitant on wearing the colour. So in the end, he chose a lightershade of peach instead of the dark peach which I'll be wearing. Fine, whatever makes you happy.


P/S: Today I finally bought the contact lenses to be worn for the engagement ceremony.

No comments: