NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meeting with makeup artist

Today me & my parents came over to Mr.Y's house to meet his family and discuss about the engagement. A few highlights of the meeting:


  • The venue for the engagement has been confirmed. It will be at Saujana Hotel on 11th June 2011, 2.30pm.

  • My future PIL said that the gold tulle lace and satin I bought for the reception is beautiful and matches my fair skin.

  • Future MIL cooked delicious nasi lemak.

Then my parents & I went to Klang to see the makeup artist, Kak A. She showed me her portfolio and I told her I don't want bright red lipstick or anything scary like that. She understood. Highlights of our meeting:



  • The cost of makeup is RM500, accessories is RM50 and veil is around RM12 if I'm not mistaken. I will have to pay for the makeup and Mum pays for the accessories and veil.
    Kak A and my mum suggested that I wear fresh flowers on my hair. Mum will sponsor the flowers.

  • For the engagement, solemnization & reception, Kak A told me to look for high-heeled shoes that has a platform. This is because I'm short and if I wear shoes without platform it will be uncomfortable and tiring to wear for long hours.

  • Kak A told me to look for Mr.Y's sampin & tanjak for the reception from now because it's hard to look for a colour that matches my gold dress.

  • Kak A also told me to buy a pair of misty grey contact lens with black ring.


I told my mum that RM500 for makeup is a bit too expensive for me but she insisted that she'd done her homework and this rate is considered a bargain.

No comments: