NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, May 24, 2007

What a boring day

Today,my mum went out with my aunt while I stayed home with my dad. They went shopping for textiles & tudung at Jln TAR n then off to Bkt.Bintang. My aunt's quite funny. My mum told me the whole story abt their shopping trip.
They had lunch at McD Sg.Wang. Currently,McD's promoting Shrek so all their staffs wear green-eared hairbands,similar to Shrek's head.Upon entering McD,my aunt said: "Eh,kenape semua telinga ijau ni?" In a funny way,of course. By reading this,you will not laugh but if you know her all your life and is familiar with the way she talks, you'll be laughing so hard.
At the counter, the cashier promoted Shrek cushions to my mum and aunt. But beloved Aunt is more keen on the hairband. She said, "Comelnye...Nak belikan Nana satu la.Boleh dia pkai kat rumah." Turns out that the hairband isn't for sale.Hahaha.
She bought me a keychain instead. One of those keychains at MPH with yr name printed on it,along with the meaning. The keychain she bought me has a picture of a cat on it (guess that's how people with the name Nana will look like if they're cats).According to the keychain, my name means "Spring" in Hawaiian. I love spring time! The flowers...so gorgeous. Plus, the weather isn't too hot nor too cold. Perfect. My favourite weather. It also says that a person named Nana is creative and has plenty of ideas (I'm not sure about this), open-minded and positive thinker(hahaha..NOPE!), cheerful and has get along with people well(I don't know).
After seeing those rediculous hairbands, my aunt is sooo into Shrek now.She even suggested that I call Bob "Shrek."

No comments: