NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First time I used the washing machine

I wouldn't consider myself as undomestic (I did a few kind of chores before like mopping, washing dishes and stuff) but I've never really use the washing machine. It's my mum's job. I only do my laundry in college, and I handwash all my clothes.Since my mum has to be at the hospital 24/7 to take care of my dad, I had to do the laundry at home, following her simple instructions (she thinks I should write the steps down, in case I forgot. Her memory is worse than mine).
WHAT I DID WAS...
1. Put all the clothes inside the machine, fill up with water just enough to soak all the clothes.
2. Add in detergent.
3.Twist the "Wash" knob for 10 minutes.
4.After 10 minutes, open the machine cover to see that the white underwear is still white and the pink t-shirt is still pink. Thank God.
5.Drain the water while rinsing the clothes.
6.Turn the know to "Wash" again, fill up with water, add softener and set the timer for 10 minutes.
7.After 10 minutes, drain again and transfer the clothes to the other side of the machine.
8.Change the water feed from Wash to Spin.
9.Twist the spin knob to 1.
10.Clothes all ready to be dried.
11.Brag to the maid how you've just washed your first batch of clothes using a washing machine.
12.Maintain a straight face while she laughs at you.

No comments: