NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Friday, October 17, 2008

About the birds and the bees...

THINGS MY MUM SAID TO ME TODAY:

1.Men expect their wives to be a perfect 10. Good cook, good in bed, good in everything. But they themselves do not notice their own weaknesses.

2. Women lust for many things--shoes,handbags etc. Men has only one lust--women.

3. What prevents a man from cheating is his aqidah (iman).

And then she started telling me the marriage horror stories, about what happened to some of my aunts, relatives etc. These stories are guaranteed to put anyone off marriage for the rest of their lives.

It's like she's trying to scare me away from getting married.

Everytime people tease me about when I'm getting married, my mum will answer for me, "Oh, it will be a long way to go til she finally settles down."

I think my mum is scared that she'll be lonely if I get married. Coz my dad's always busy with work, and if I get married I won't live in the same house with her anymore. But I can't wait too long to get married. My biological clock is ticking. Everyone knows that a woman's fertility decreases with her age. And I'm planning to have 20 kids. Hahaha.

I haven't lived as long as her to understand the many kinds of man, but I think that not everything she said are the universal treats of all man. What prevents a man from cheating is his iman AND love. Surely if a man loves his wife dearly he won't betray her. Right?

My mum is acting weird. Remember the other day I said she started reading self-help books? Now she's in the process of beautifying herself. Shopping for new lingerie, weight-loss products and she even seemed interested in that new Vitagen Collagen. Errk.

Anyway, I told my mum, "You know, I should have done my degree in dietetics and nutrition. At least the knowledge that I have will benefit me. Civil engineering is totally useless for me. Why should I care if a building collapse?"

My mum said, "I agree."

No comments: