NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Munirah's wedding

The wedding took place on 20th June 2009 at Summit Hotel. I did not came as a guest, instead I had some duties. I had to usher the VIP guests into the ballroom.

I got the dress code wrong. The theme color for family members was champagne .
Initially I planned on wearing a cream-coloured kebaya which would match all the bridesmaids’ dresses, but my mum bought me this brown kebaya with sequins. I thought “Nevermind, this will match the guys’ colour” but guess what? It didn’t. So I stood out, with my brown kebaya. The colour was more Coca Cola rather than champagne :p :p :p

I permed my hair. I did it with the help of curling iron and a can of hairspray. My mum helped curl my hair at the back. She used plastic rollers. The curls turned out better with plastic rollers than with the curling iron.

I did my own makeup. I lined my upper lids with Revlon ColorStay eyeliner, and applied some eyeshadow. I left my lower lids bare. When I arrived at the hotel, all the girls were doing their makeup and one of Mr.Y’s cousins, Zati, offered to do my makeup. I accepted her offer graciously.

Since I’ve already worn my foundation, she only touched up my eyeliner and dab on some blusher. She did an amazing job with the blusher, contouring my face and all that. Oh, and she lined my lower lids. To make my eyes pop-out in pictures, she said.

Before the ceremony started, all the family members (that include moi), had to take an early lunch. Oh my God the food was fabulous! I lurrrved the sweet n sour fish fillet.

Turned out that I did not have to do any ushering, all of the guests are capable of finding their tables.

Anyway, I can’t write much about the wedding as I didn’t get the chance to witness it. 90% of my time was spent loitering around the hotel. And 99% of the time people were saying that Mr.Y and I are next (getting married), and people seemed to look forward to our wedding. Even my mum. Yes, my mum. The woman who used to be reluctant about me getting married. She asked me and Mr.Y to sit on the pelamin and pose for a picture. I said no way. She even went to Ampang Point’s wedding exhibition and got some brochures for me. I mean, seriously Mum do you really have to do that? I ni blaja pun tak habis.

And guess what? My parents were seated next to my lecturer!  Fortunately, my lecturer told my parents “Liyana is a good student. She’s a fast learner” and not “Liyana spent the laboratory session taking photos.”

Munirah threw her bouquet of flowers like what Western brides always do (the girl who catch it will be the next one getting married). I didn’t catch it. I just stood there watching all the other girls struggling to grab the bouquet. Haha. Later Munirah was like “Nana why didn’t you catch it???” Hahaha.

OK, that’s all I can write about the wedding. As I said, I didn’t witness much of it. I hope Munirah and Adam will live happily ever after! Hehehe.

No comments: