NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Friday, January 25, 2008

Earlier this week my dad was admitted to Ampang Puteri Hospital for an endoscopy. He's been complaining about gastric. The result is this: he does have gastric, he has some torn ligaments somewhere and it affects one of the nerves (so now he has to go for physiotheraphy every week) AND HE HAS A GROWTH IN HIS STOMACH.
Luckily, it's on his appendix so the doctor decided to have his appendix cut off. As simple as that. Only a minor operation.
But what isn't ok is the way the stupid doctor broke the news to my parents.
"You might have cancer."
Just those four, cold, cruel words.
I wonder, does he learn ethics while in university?
I guess not. Maybe he's too busy learning about stomach and liver and intestines that he forgot his manners.
When he said that, my mum couldn't speak. It's so harsh, right? And my dad cleared his throat nervously and tried to change the subject into something more light and chit-chatty. He complained about his milk intolerance problem.
You know what the doctor replied?
"Kalau dah tak boleh minum susu tu, tak payah la minum."
My God.
You told someone he might be having cancer and then you snap at him for drinking milk.
He is so heartless and cold and cruel that I think he must be an animal or something. Humans have compassion. Even animals have compassion! This guy is worst than animals, I dunno what to call him.
The worst part is, my dad has hypertension and his blood pressure shot up sky high when he heard that he's probably having cancer.
Bodoh kan that doctor??
The result lab test haven't been confirmed yet and he's making a big deal out of it. Jumping to conclusion. Making people worry. I think his job is dull and tedious and boring and he wants drama, maybe he's been watching too much ER or something.
Fortunately he realized his stupidity (he should've check the medical history of his patients before attending to them. Being so blunt on a person with high blood pressure is a really bad idea, that idiot should know that. It's not rocket science) so he gave my father pills for high blood pressure.
I asked my mum, who's the bloody doctor. She said I should remember coz he's the one who treated me when I got the worst gastric of my life after my environmental engineering exam. I said I don't remember who that fool was, I only remember nice doctors.

No comments: