NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just a random post

A good day. Most of the people in class are finally being nice to me.
------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing abt growing older--you realize the real value of money. Last time, I used to take things for granted. My life had never been a lavish one (I don't always get what I want) but it had been easy. My parents were like a bank, got a reasonable allowance from them each week and I never really give a thought about how much they earn, how much they have to fork out each month etc. However just now I found out the real truth from my mum. She's no longer working, so my dad is the one who supports our family. He earns about 8k per month, which is more than enough I think,for someone who has only 1 kid. But actually, he doesn't get exactly 8k. Oh nooo. 9% of the salary goes to EPF, and when i minus 8k with the money he has to pay for the car, the bank loan, the money he gives my grandmother every month, he's left with around 5k only. I didn't dare to include all the bills( electricity,water,phone & Internet, astro) and the grocery money and the money he gives to my mom and me.I don't even wanna think about how much he had left. And there's the stupid tax he has to pay.
After discovering this I'd revised my wish list and crossed out some items. I don't need a sling bag, I got plenty of bags already. And I really don't need the mixed tape necklace(I wear the white gold necklace my bf gave me all the time or the pink-n-black hairband(hairbands don't suit me anymore,plus I already got lots of them). But I still wanna buy long,flowy skirts and some Clinique stuffs.Heehee.
Also,I realized that to live a comfortable life, you have to earn at least 4k. MUST WORK HARD & STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT CE. And I can forget about my ambition to become a housewife. I need a job that can let me use Clinique 3-step and have a Dorothy Perkins wardrobe.
FROM NOW ON I WILL...
1.think wisely before buying something(exception for cute bags)
2.power off the electricity when not in use
3.save water
4.use the Internet when needed only and not out of boredom
I WILL NOT...
1.buy books which cost over RM15(exception for textbooks)
2.buy crappy magazines
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm I notice nowadays that people no longer value love and relationship. Seems like most people don't consider it special anymore. I see guys having girlfriends checking other girls out and girls who are already in a relationship dating other guys. Call me boring, but I'm monogamous and loyal and yes, I do believe in soulmate. I'm against multi-dating or whatever it is that people call it these days. I mean, if you already found the right one for you, why bother seeing someone else and waste your time?

No comments: