NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The secrets of physical attraction

Came across this interesting article in the News Straits Times newspaper today, titled “The Secrets of Physical Attraction.” The article pointed out on some common topics like body size, breast size, height ,skin colour etc etc. But there’s something new I learnt from that article- women with low waist/hip ratio (WHR) is considered as attractive.
It explains why men find more curvy (but not neccessarily overweight) figures as attractive.
To calculate WHR, divide waist measurement by hip measurement. Attraction decreases as WHR increases.
Most women’s WHR falls between 0.7 and 1.0. WHR of 0.7 or 0.8 are most attractive :) . Unlike breasts, where bigger doesn’t mean better, attraction increases as WHR decreases, even if waist is artificially cinch in with a belt or corset.
OK,now I feel as if I’m writing the discussion part of a lab report.
A woman’s WHR isn’t neccessarily the lower the thinner she is, it is about how small her waist is compared with hips. Young women can be chubby but still have low WHR.
As women get older, their waist thicken and their fertility goes down in proportion to their age. That explains why a slim wasist, a signal of fertility, is attractive.
One more issue that the article emphasize on is hairlessness. Get this—hairlessness on women is perceived as good because it indicates youth and fertility. Then read this—total hairlessness on women and men is not attractive, as it is a sign of pre-pubescence and the inability to have children. What the...? Hairlessness is good, but at the same time it is also bad. I guess the best thing is to have the right amount of hairs(not too much or too little).
Another thing written about is the symmetry of a person’s facial features and body(I hate this theory and I just hate to admit that it’s true). Apparently, it is more important than skin colour. The healthiest people are able to develop symmetry in their faces and body. After this I will have plastic surgery and make my lips more symmetrical, my eyes evenly spaced between one another, my nose right in the middle of my face, my cheekbones and jaw more proportionate...hmm what else? Guess that’s enough. Wonder how much with that costs? Haha.
By the way, I accidently used the Turnaround concentrate twice a day instead of once a day *worry worry*

No comments: