NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My mum's cupcakes

Now cupcakes are the "in" thing. People use cupcakes as their call cards. We see cupcake shops everywhere. And online as well. They even serve cupcakes at weddings.

My mum doesn't want to be the uncool one left out. So she ditched her traditional prune cake, pineapple tarts recipes...and focused on the current trend--cupcakes.

Last night my mum planned to bake cupcakes today. It's supposed to be a mother-and-daughter thing, I will help her bake the cupcake/do the icing/decorate.But it turned out to be a mother one-woman show only (Haha...is there such thing as "one-woman show"? I've only heard of "one-man show.") My mum did all all the baking etc etc. It's not because I was being a total lazy ass. No. It's because she INSISTED that she do everything on her own, coz she's the expert here. So I left her in the kitchen, working on her big cupcake project.

After she had baked all the cakes, I volunteered to help with the icing. She said it's OK, it's simple. Just mix butter, sugar, vanilla essence. OK, fine. I went back to my room and surfed the Internet.

Once the icing is done, finally she let me get involved. My task was to decorate the cupcakes. But I wasn't the only one doing it,of course. She's involved as well. She kept reminding me of the techniques, how to use the nozzle/piston whatever. Finally, our work was completed.

This is how it turned out.

What do you think? When I see this picture, the first thing that comes into my mind is "diabetes."

Then I took a bite of the cupcake.

It's the worst cupcake I've ever tasted.

The cake is DRY and the icing's too sweet that my tongue HURTS. Haha.

It's OK,mum. This is your first time. And practice makes perfect ;)

No comments: