NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The end?

This photo was taken right after I submitted my thesis. That's my own copy I'm holding. And that's my ex-classmate Aie laughing at me in the background.

14th April 2010...the day I submitted my thesis.

My bf said that I should be relieved coz it marks the end of my degree education. But somehow I don't feel relieved.

I have an interview next Monday at my dream company...and I really really really hope I'll nail the job. I had an interview yesterday, it lasted for 3 hours. So tiring. They gave me a case study to analyze, then present it to the interviewers. I need to identify why the company in the case study went bankrupt, and then make some suggestions on how it can avoid bankrupcy. After I presented the case study, the interviewers asked me usual interview questions, and most of the time, they attacked me on why I have a degree in civil engineering but I want to go into revenue management. It was hard trying to convince them that I'm able to do the job, but I've done my very best :-)

Some reminders to myself, THINGS I SHOULDN'T DO AT THE NEXT INTERVIEW:

1) Put your bag on the floor, not on the chair you're sitting on!!!

2) Don't be overly casual and talk to the interviewers as if they're your friends. Be formal!

3)Don't panic!!!

4)Don't say you enjoy your course, coz the follow up question might be "If you're enjoying civil engineering so much, then why are you applying for a sales/marketing/finance job?"

My bf said I worked nonstop. Integrated design project then thesis then now the interviews. He said I should take a break. But I know I can't take breaks. I NEED to work hard to get what I want.

My bf also suggested that we visit some of the places of interests in KL, which seems like a pretty good idea to me. I've lived in KL all my live, but I've never visited the Planetarium, museums etc. What have I been doing all these while??? Maybe one of these days I'll become a tourist at my own country and visits those places.

2 comments:

stranger said...

all d best 4 monday!!! hope ul make it :)

Nana said...

Thank you stranger.