NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, April 8, 2010

What an amazing life I have...

It's almost the end of my final semester. After I submit my thesis next week, I'll be free as a bird. At the moment, all my classmates are eager to take photos of their every last moment in Uniten. "Last class". "After Integrated presentation." "After FYP presentation."

I have absolutely no photos and no memories of my last class / last final exam/ Integrated presentation/ FYP presentation. I planned to take pictures after my presentations, but something tragic happened to me.

Last week I got a few pimples on my face and I bought Clearasil for the first time in hundred years. At first, it worked like magic. My zits dissappeared. I had perfect skin for about two days, and then my face started breaking out into millions of zits! The white, pustule-like acne! I'm allergic to Clearasil!

It was horrible. Not only I was unable to take photos of my last moments in Uniten, it was also a COMPLETE TORTURE when looking at the mirror and washing my face. I looked like a TOAD! All these white spots all over my face. The spots are very closely spaced together. Geram tak? I geram gile. I feel like squeezing it everytime I look in the mirror. But of course, I can't. Huhu torture torture.

Yesterday, I went to see my dermatologist. She agreed with me when I said that the acne pustules flared up because of allergy, not because I'm stressed or have imbalanced hormone. I AM stressed about thesis, but I still can handle it. Besides, the pustules only flared up on the spots where I had applied f-ing Clearasil.

The dermatologist prescribed me some antibiotics, anti-inflammatory pills and antibiotic cream. Now the pustules had started to disappear and my skin is red. I no longer look like a toad, but I look like the girls in the "before" pictures in acne cream advertorials.

I hope I'll recover very soon. This Saturday is one of my relatives' birthday and my friend Wani is getting married. I think my skin has no hope of recovering before Saturday, so I'll have to give those events a miss.

:'-(

No comments: