NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My RM14 haircut

Today, in addition to waiting and worrying about job offers at home, I decided to do something extra. I got my hair cut!

I’ve always wanted a layered look ever since the beginning of last semester but since I was very busy, I couldn’t find time to go to the salon. So my hair grows and grows and grows up until a point when people would say I look like a Pontianak. My hair was very thick, very black and long.

So I went to this small, secluded salon near my house. I’ve always preferred small salons compared to big, swanky, posh ones. The reason is, ‘professional’ hairdressers are usually know-it-alls and they would cut my hair according to how THEY like, not how I would like it to be. Plus, they would criticized my hair (lots of dandruff, oily, too thick that you broke my brush).

Presenting…my new look!
Tada!

This is the third time I opted for a layered hairstyle. But this is the first time that I actually LIKE it. The first time I tried the layered look was when I was 14. The hairdresser was so stupid, she chopped my hair short, instead of layering it. The second time I tried it, the ‘professional’ hair stylist made my hair looks like a bowl.

The hair stylist gave me a wispy, layered look…making my formerly thick hair look thinner and light. But at the same time, my hair has volume, which I like. And this new style isn’t too “structured”, it’s more natural and ‘messy’ and I like it!


Wooh…I like it a lot.

Messy, out-of-bed hair.

Long at the back...short at the front. I like I like I like.

The hair stylist gave me a wispy fringe as well! I likeeeeeeee….

What I like about layered hairstyle…you can go for short, shoulder-length hair…

…or medium length hair at the next minute…

…or long hair! Totally versatile!

I would also give the customer service an A+. The hair stylist was nice, friendly, chatty Chinese lady. As usual, I got asked whether I’m have Chinese parentage. And as usual, I would have to explain that I’m partly Japanese which leads to a series of questions about my ancestry. But the thing is, I don’t really know my family history :P I only know I have Japanese blood from my mother’s side. The stylist said that this new layered haircut made me look even more Japanese.

This haircut cost me RM14 only.

Before I left, she told me to come to the salon more often coz she would like to see my ‘pretty face’ more often (AHA! The oldest trick in the book…using compliments to attract customers!). She also told me that I have nice eyes and that I should wear mascara to accentuate it. I always wear mascara, but today I was too lazy to wear full makeup.

Can’t wait to meet my bf and show off my new hairstyle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhmyygodd!
i love ur new haircut =))

Nana said...

Thanks cuz! After this I will only go for layered hairdo! Same-length hairstyles are soo boring!