NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Monday, March 28, 2011

My engagement dress in the making!

Today I'm on leave so I went to the tailor's to make my engagement dress!

Initially I wanted to make a kebaya, but the tailor said that chiffon is not suitable for kebaya. She suggested that I made a baju kurung moden instead. At first I thought that a baju kurung moden will be too simple, but then my dress will be covered with beads and that will make it stands out, so I agreed. So, baju kurung moden it is for me then.

The top will be lined with chiffon and the bottom will just be plain satin. It's hard to picture how it will look like so I can't wait for my dress to be ready! Total cost of the tailoring is RM170. My dress will be ready by the end of April. So excited!

Then I made an appointment with my hantaran-decorator and cake-maker, aka my neighbour, Aunty L.

A few months ago, my grandma had given me a bright purple songket mat to place all my hantaran on. So just now, Aunty L was having a hard time thinking about the colour scheme of my hantaran deco. Since the theme for my engagement is lilac and that songket mat is purple, Aunty L said that my hantaran will not stand out. So she suggested of using fresh white/off-white flowers to make my hantaran decoration stands out on the purple mat.

I showed her the fabric for my dress to be worn during the reception. She said that the pattern is nice but the colour is too dark. My mum and I turned a deaf ear towards her comments because we like the fabric so much.

Anyway, Aunty L suggested the following in order to balance out the "darkness" of my dress:

1) I have to wear an off-white veil with gold trimmings.

2) I have to carry an off-white bunch of flowers.

3) I have to wear off-white shoes with gold trimmings.

4) Mr.Y has to wear an off-white sampin with gold trimmings OR a sampin that matches the colour of the red flowers on my dress.

I also called the makeup artist, Kak A, and made an appointment with her on 9th April.

By the way, since my engagement is in June and the Big Day will just be 9 months away, I need Mr.Y's help to remind me these things:

1) Never try any new skincare or makeup products.

2) Never consume a supplement which I've never tried before.

No comments: