NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My last FOC: Trip to London - Day 1

Those of you who have read my previous entry would know that I have already resigned from MAS. My official last day was on 3 Nov but since I had annual leave balances, my actual last day was on 24 Oct. On 27 Oct, I went to London for a 3D2N trip to utilize my annual privilege travel. Yeah, a very short trip due to budget and my dad’s leave constraints.

We took MH002 to LHR and got complimentary passes to the Golden Lounge at KLIA.


On the flight, I had fish & potatoes for supper (not that nice) and then slept until 2 hours before landing when they would serve breakfast. Haha. Had omelet for breakfast and I hate to say this but the taste of the omelet had worsened since my last trip to London.


Arrived in LHR at around 5.45am local time. To avoid the peak hour traffic on the London Underground, we hang out at the airport first. Sat in front of WH Smith and my first purchase in London:

Innocent smoothie.


I LOVE Innocent smoothies and whenever I’m in London, this is all I drink. Guess that explains why my skin looks better when I’m in London.


After wasting our time hanging out at the airport, we decided to take the tube to hotel, drop our bags, maybe freshen up a bit and then walk down Oxford Street. We stopped at Oxford Circus station and the hotel was supposed to be a 5-minute walk from the station. My mum wanted to ask for directions but my dad said it’s OK, we can find the hotel on our own. Guess what? We walked for more than 5 minutes and could not find the hotel. My heels were killing me so I told my parents to ask for directions. Turned out that we were heading towards the opposite direction and had to walk a looong way to the hotel.


Finally, we arrived at The Langham Hotel and the hotel staff allowed us to refresh ourselves at the hotel gym’s changing room while they got our room ready. So I showered, washed my face and reapplied my makeup, and then I was all set to go!



We walked down Oxford Street and here are some of my ‘interesting’ purchases:


PINK Casio scientific calculator! I’ve been wanting this since my schooldays! Of course, this is not yet available in Malaysia.



Kate ring which I bought at Claire’s.


When our room was ready, we went back to the hotel and passed out on the bed.


The very welcoming king-sized bed.

No comments: