NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wedding shoes

OK, my wedding progress: yesterday I went to Klinik Kesihatan Cheras for HIV test followed by appointment with the ustaz at the mosque near my house. I've got his signature for the marriage form (yeay!) so our next step is to go to JAWI to get the final letter (I'm not sure what letter though).

Today, me and my mum went to Felda Villa (where the solemnization ceremony will be held) with my wedding planner/neighbour Aunty L. Aunty L wanted to take a look at the venue as she will be responsible for the flower arrangement, mini pelamin, deco and stuffs.

After the visit to Felda Villa, Aunty L dropped me and my mum at Ampang Park and we shopped for my wedding shoes.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find the perfect gold shoes??? The theme colour for my reception is gold, my dress is gold and it's hard for me to find the right pair of shoes. A few weeks ago I saw this gorgeous pair of gold shoes at Guess, they had it in my size. Perfect right??? NO! When I tried walking in it, it's like being forced to walk on those reflexology stones. Very painful! So I didn't buy the shoes.

Err...there's no Guess store at Ampang Park. Situ paling 'grand' pun brand 'Princess' but I don't mind about the brand of my wedding shoes. In fact, I would prefer it if I can minimize the cost because post-wedding, I'm not gonna wear these swanky wedding shoes that often. To me, wedding shoes is a one-time thing and I'm not a very detailed person up to the point where my shoes have to match my dress 100% and that sort of thing. So I would happily settle for those less expensive shoes at Ampang Park.

This was what I bought for the wedding reception on my side, a pair of gold T-bar heels with sequins. Actually this was my second choice because it kind of made me look as if I'm going to a party instead of my own wedding. But maybe that's because when I tried these shoes on, I was wearing my usual day clothes. When I came home, I immediately tried this shoes on with my engagement dress (though the colour clashed). Thankfully, when worn with traditional wear, these shoes are OK for wedding.


My first choice was a gold shoes with sequins and glitters (at Princess) but lucky me, they didn't have it in my size.



For Mr.Y's reception (for friends and collleages), I bought a pair of metallic white shoes for RM116. Since it's white, I hope it's safe to match it with my peach dress. It's really hard to find peach wedding shoes!



For another one of Mr.Y's reception (for close family and relatives), I bought the most perfect shoes ever! Ivory shoes with platform heels that made me look 3 inches taller! To be worn with a matching ivory dress. Perfect!


No comments: