NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My last FOC: Trip to London - Day 3

So sad…it’s my last day in my favourite city. This trip was fun but it was too short. I wish I had more to time to go sightseeing and shopping.

Anyway, on our last day, we packed our bags early in the morning and checked out of Langham Hotel.And I noticed something on the hotel dressing table…


I love the quotation and I think it’s lovely how the hotel update the guest about the weather using this piece of card. I took this card…it will make an awesome bookmark :-)

After we checked out Langham, we posed around the hotel area.


After posing around the hotel, we walked down Oxford Street again for some last minute shopping. That’s when I went crazy. Bought a few dresses at Next, H&M and this shop which I’ve been to for the first time, it’s called Miss London.

At around 5pm, we went back to the hotel (we left our luggage there), repacked and went to the airport by tube. I felt really sad about going back and I wished I didn’t have to.

We arrived at Heathrow Terminal 4 around 6pm, and checked-in. The Malaysia Airlines counter was handled Alitalia and the check-in staff was a total idiot. For this London trip, my parents and I were booked separately (2 different PNRs). Mine got confirmed first, then later my parents. The check-in staff asked my dad, “You and your wife same PNR, your daughter different PNR. Are you two booked separately?”

DUH!

Then my dad requested that we are seated three in a row. It didn’t matter where the seats are, as long as there is a three-in-a-row seat, then we requested to be seated there. The lady looked confused. She turned her computer screen towards my dad. We noticed that there were A LOT of empty three-in-a-row seats. She said, “You and your wife sit here. Your daughter at the back.”

OMG, it’s just a matter of cancelling my old seat assignment and assigning a new seat to me! I guess she didn’t know the entry to do that. Then she did another blunder – she sent us to the standby counter even though our PNRs clearly showed that we’re CONFIRMED passengers. Gosh, she didn’t even know how to read status codes! Her supervisor got really mad at her and finally the blur lady checked us in (separated seats, of course, because she didn’t know how to assign seats).

I hope Alitalia will send her to basic reservations training.

Anyway, then we went through the security check and…more shopping at the departure hall. Hehe. My parents bought MORE chocolates and I bought the Longchamp backpack in lavender. After we’re done with shopping, we went to the Golden Lounge. I showered and ate my dinner.

Then it’s time to board the aircraft :-(


It makes me sad that this was my last FOC with MAS. I remember my last trip to London in 2009, I was so grumpy when we were boarding the plane back to KUL because I thought that was my last FOC ticket with MAS since after that I would probably be graduating and working so I was no longer entitled. I was determined to work with the airline so that I can still get my FOC. Well, I did and after 1 year plus of working, I resigned. So (I think) this is my FINAL FOC ticket, and after this, if I want to travel to London again, I will have to stopover at Doha ;-)


No comments: