NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Friday, December 11, 2009

Haircare tips from me

Once upon a time, I wrote an entry called "Skincare tips from me". Now I'm gonna write about haircare, since some people asked me what are the products I'm using for my hair my hair. They said my hair is very black and thick.

But if you see me in person, my hair isn't that nice. My hair resembles a (black) mop. Haha. I have problems like dandruff and split ends. And a little bit of hair fall (Thank God my hair is still thick).

HAIRCARE TIPS

#1: I'm using Himalaya Protein Shampoo & Conditioner for Normal Hair. It's great if you want strong, healthy hair. This shampoo has no nice-smelling scent like other shampoo though.

#2: I see people my age already has grey hairs. In fact, I've found one grey hair on my head a few semesters ago! I googled the cure for premature greying of hair and found the solution--Indian gooseberry. So sometimes I applied Himalaya Protein Hair Cream on my hair (it's main ingredient is Indian gooseberry). The cream d0es not only prevent premature greying, it also promotes hair growth. Besides that, I also take B complex supplement as it helps in preventing premature greying.

STYLING TIPS

#1: If I want to curl my hair, I only use plastic rollers and Lucido-L Designing Aqua Hair Curl Lotion (Airy). That's it. I find that whenever I used heated curlers, the curls last for about half an hour only! Heat doesn't work on my hair. Plastic rollers work better. To make sure the curl last long, I use Lucido-L Hair Spray.

#2: And if I'm having one of those bad hair days (when my hair is wavy but not in a good way, in a more unflattering way), I use Sunsilk Straight & Sleek Anti-Frizz Lotion. Leaves hair feeling soft and smelling nice. And if that doesn't work, I'll have to use FORCE, which is the Vidal Sassoon Ceramic Straightening Brush. Haha. But this rarely happens. And I try to avoid using that brush very often, coz heat is not good for the hair (the brush works with a hair dryer).

Another important haircare tip which I never care about before, until now, is trimming your split ends. I once read that if you have split ends, your hair won't grow anymore. So always trim your hair a bit once it gets out of shape. Whenever I have long hair, I find that the rate of hair fall increases. But I only need to trim for about 1-2 inches, and the hairfall stopped. So don't be lazy to visit your hairdresser!
P/S: If you're interested, google the product images. I'm so malas to put the pictures here. Hehe sorry!

No comments: