NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Preparation for Uncle's Engagement Part II

Grandma and aunt arrived from Johor.
Durian fever at my house right now.
During family reunions like this, these 3 things happen:
1)Grandma brought some fruits from Muar. House is full of mangosteens (my fav!!!), dragonfruit, rambutans and errk...durians!
2)Dad will eat rice with durians (He seldom eats this, only during times like this when there is ample supply of durians)
3)I will have to listen to grandma reminding me from time to time on how delicious durians are and how unlucky I am for not liking them. (As if not eating durians is the biggest loss ever!)
Frankly, I think there are more scrumptious food besides durian (Refer to my favourite food list).
Today I also checked into my apartment. I'm not being ungrateful, but during my two years of study here, this is my worst room so far.I got the last room,the one at the back of the apartment. It's dark and gloomy and dirty and looks more like a prison.Previously, I've gotten the room near the entrance,usually this kind of room comes with a great view (semester 1:view of the lake, semester 2:view of the opposite apartment). Now the view is the balcony where we'll be hanging our clothes.
The room needs to be decorated. I'm gonna bring in my pink study lamp, coz the lighting's very poor. And maybe some cool posters to cover up the hideous wall. The previous student pasted a Revlon and Sony Vaio ad and I'm gonna take them off, my buletin isn't a billboard ok!
Anyway, nothing to say about the engagement preparation. These days people just buy the trays, the fabrics covering them and the gifts. The fabrics are gorgeous enough, so old ladies won't have to decorate them or anything, they're ready made. Didn't join the ladies arraging the gifts. I just sat on the couch, eat lots and lots of mangosteen(grandma says I better eat it now or else I won't have a chance since I'm going back to Torture Chamber University tomorrow) and sometimes eavesdropping on their gossips.
P/S:Can't stand it. This house smells like durians and when people burp, the smell is stronger than ever!!

No comments: