NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Engagement day.
Uncle's fiancee wore this gorgeous green dress.
More relatives came over to my house than yesterday.
Inevitably, when relatives see me, they always ask about exams and studies. Either that or, during engagements and weddings, they'll ask about boyfriend (Yes,that's right,family members only talk to me about exams and boyfriend.No other topics than that.Anyway that's OK. People mentioning Yasser is enough to make me smile :-)
I had to admit, my family weren't behaving that well just now. We were so loud! Hahaha. During the engagement ceremony,me and my aunts were busy talking and cracking jokes and laughing.Kinda rude actually, but fun. My aunt decided to forget her diet for one day and enjoy the food served by the family. I'm not on a strict diet,so I had one helping of briyani, 2 pieces of chicken, poppadoms etc etc.
The family (of Javanese heritage) served this...I dunno what to call it. It's round and flat,almost like a pancake and when I called it UFO, my aunt laughed nonstop.
Sorry no pictures.I've been busy, washing the dishes,exchanging e-mails for Friendster and MySpace with cousins and stuffs like that.
What a tiring day. And tomorrow marks the beginning of year 2, semester 1. Tonight I'm going back to my apartment aka The Dungeon and I can say goodbye to my amazing life right now (glorious food, being able to watch TV and surf the Internet and read magazines without feeling guilty of how much time I've wasted doing nothing, being able to go to the mall 3 times a week etc etc). And I can say hello to the simple life (study, exams, quizzes, instant food...)

No comments: