NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Friday, July 20, 2007

LIFE AFTER BEING LEFT(lol...what a title)

THE NEW & IMPROVED NANA!

It was hard at first.Reallyyy tough. I was a bit lost. Hmm...a lot actually. Imagine, attending classes where you don't know a single soul, leaving the familiarity of your former classmates' faces behind,having to start over again.But I managed to get through it (hip hip hooray!!), turn over a new leaf and start a new life.
At the beginning of last sem, I was scared and alone. Gradually, I'm going through this transition phase. I've been doing things I've never got the chance to do before, it feels grrreat! I play tennis during my free time(err once only...but I think sports is a good substitute for karaoke!!), I've decided to join some activites and taken up sports this sem! Hahahaa...most funny thing is I'm elected assistant director for my sports class! These things will never happen if I'm stuck being the old Nana. Hehe, I'm sure my old friends will laugh when they hear this.
Got my life back on track now. The change isn't easy though,quite painful. I'm used to go out everyday,having fun with my friends,or lazying around at home,watching movies on our laptop. Now I realize there's MORE to life than these things.
Plus,I met lots of amazing new people too! Interesting people whom I never get the chance to meet or talk to if I'm still taking EE or stuck with one friend all the time. And I've made a very wise decision of not dropping Intro last sem! The class expands my social circle. And makes me brave too. The subject is tough, if your IQ level is the same as mine...hehe LOW!, plus it's a 4th sem subject and I hardly know anyone. And if can survive that class, I can survive going to any other classes after this (I don't know how long this motivated feeling will last...hahaha).
I'm having fun here. Sure, I'm not singing some stupid nursery-rhyme-like songs about biology, or acting in some rediculous play or flirting with guys who aren't "so sure"(which I think it's really saaad!). I have commitments now, serious ones (and karaoke or enjoying isn't one of them!) and I guess it's time to be an adult now. =)

No comments: