NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Community service

Went to Zoo Negara for the first time in...err 16 or 17 years!!
Since I was coughing and having flu, the zoo people had to "quarantined" me. They won't let me work closely with the animals coz they're afraid their precious, beloved animals might get infected. I was happy with this arragement though. They won't let me do the "dirty" work, like cleaning cages and stuffs. At first, they told me and the other sick people to just walk around the zoo, but they thought we're so sad coz we can't do any work (puh-leaze!) so the assigned us some minor tasks. All I did today was carry stuffs, clean windows (3 windows only!) and roll posters. By 1pm, we're done with our tasks. But we had to wait til 4.30pm for the community service to finish, so we walked around the zoo.

I got the chance to see snakes up close, and eeeyurghhh...frogs.
I've always thought that tigers are cute, but the tigers at the zoo seemed kind of depressed and unfriendly. Same goes with the lions. And I've always liked penguins, but they're not that cute anyway when I saw them today. I discovered that there are a lot of other animals that are soo adoreable and cute.
Like the hippo. The hippo can be cheated easily. Visitors hold up their hands, pretending to throw food to the hippo, then the hippo would open its mouth wide, and then the visitors would take pictures.
The bear was the cutest creature of all! It's so eager when people feed it. It's actually SALIVATING when people throw bread at it. So cute. Saliva dripping on its fur. Hahaha. The bear can wave at people too! Omg, I felt like hugging the bear!
The deers were cute too.
OK, enough story. Enjoy the pics:


A horny elephant on its way to mate. Check out its hard on! By the way, there's elephant poo on the floor as well.
Yay, I got a close up view of the giraffe!!!
This is a friend of Yasser...Say hello!
Flamingos...Actually they are very very pink, but my lousy Cybershot didn't capture that.
A black panther...err, no a cougar...gee, I dunno.
A friendly tapir (what do you call tapir in English?)
This adoreable deer is begging for us to feed it...


There's not pictures of me...yet. Will get them from my friend a.s.a.p.

No comments: