NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A week (or maybe more) in HELL

If there's one thing that I try to avoid at all cost...it's cough.

Seriously, once I'm infected with a cough, it can be a total NIGHTMARE. The cough will last for weeks. Sometimes if I'm lucky, a good strong medicine will do the trick after a few days or if I'm not so lucky, I'll have to suffer for months.

I got infected with this stupid cough last week. I was with my bf and he said he didn't feel so good. Later that night I went home and I started sneezing. Great. Over the weekend, I was officially having a cough.

The reason why I'm sick is because I've been so busy that I forgot to take my vitamins.

I came to class, looking like a zombie. My friends mentioned my dark circles (due to lack to sleep--I only get about 2 hours of sleep at night. I was coughing all night long). Worse, I got a lot of tests to study for. When you're sick, all you wanna do is just sleep, sleep, sleep. Studying is the last thing you wanna do. But I have no choice. I had to leave my tests early, I didn't even check my answers, coz I was coughing uncontrollably (even though I brought a bottle of water and some cough lozenges).

Lucky me. I tend to get the "stubborn" cough virus. No cough lozenges can supress the cough. Seriously nothing works on me. Urghhh fucqing cough!

As for now, I've been to the clinics three time already. No kidding! When I first got the cough, I decided to be my own doctor and took Woods Peppermint and Tussidex Linctus. Both didn't work.

And then I went to the dispensary at Uniten. Hmm...let's just say that the cough syrup they gave me is milder than water+sugar.

And then I went home and went to this clinic near my house. I told the doctor that I got dry cough, no phlegm and I've taken the antibiotics from the dispensary. The doctor gave me a cough syrup that will induce phlegm and no antibiotics. I took that medicine and I got LOTS of phlegm in my throat I nearly suffocated.

Seriously with all these troubles I'm going through, sometimes I pray, God, please take me away. I can't take this anymore.

Anyway, this morning I went to the same clinic and the doctor gave me pills to supress the phlegm and antibiotics. So now I got no phlegm and I have the same itchy dry cough like I did before! Same old thing! It's like a cycle, you know.

Anyway, the coughing diet works on me. I'm now 46.3kg in the evening. In the morning I ate some bread. Then for lunch, a bit of rice and vegetables. And the same thing for dinner. No snack in between. If I'm hungry, I eat a banana. I can fit in my old jeans now. But the point is, I can't eat, even though I'm starving, coz everytime I eat I feel like I'm swallowing rocks. Even the soft Japanese tofu feels like thumbtacks in my throat. Welcome to my shitty life.

I really wish the cough will go away a.s.a.p. coz I really wanna go out shopping and watch movies and I can't do these things once the holiday is over coz I'll be slaving for exams again.

No comments: