NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, August 21, 2008

New bag

Went to Sunway Pyramid with my bf today. Mission: to look for a bag. Bag must be large, designer and is on sale. Couldn't find any bag that fit these criteria. If the bag is cheap and spacious, it's not designer. Large designer bags are on sale, but still cost over my budget. I don't wanna go home empty handed (coz only God know when is the next shopping trip since parents are on tight budget and aren't keen on shopping lately). Then I found this cute Roxy bag. BUT it's small. But whatever, it's cute...except for those hideous yellow-blue-white stripes. But if I wear the bag on the back side instead of the front, it looks FINE. So being a compulsive shopper I am, I bought it. After all, it's on sale.

I went home and suddenly, those yellow-blue-white stripes bothers me so much that I couldn't bear to look at the bag! As soon as I got home, the bag suddenly seem so UGLY and I had to keep it inside my closet coz I can't bear to look at it! Usually when I've just bought a bag, I'll put it on a pedestal and admire it for days. OK, not a pedestal, I hang it on my closet but the point is, I love all my bags. But this time, I spent my money on...on THIS?? Thing THING... Which is funny coz the bag looks fine back at the shop. Well, everything looks better at the shops right? Maybe there's something with the lighting and all that. Maybe some things are better left at the shop, where they belong. When you go home, things just aren't the same.

Actually what I like the bag is the flowery part. But the designer at Roxy must be colour blind or something coz the bags at Roxy this season have clashing and mismatched colours. If only the bag is entirely dark blue and flowery, it will look muchhh better. Those yellow-blue-white straps ruined EVERYTHING.

And then I had an idea.

If those stripes bothers me so much, why not cut it off? Besides, I don't need an extra pocket outside.

So, with two scissors as my tools (a paper scissors and a rounded-tip scissors), I cut off the front pocket!

The whole process is kind of hard, coz the fabric it's hard to cut the fabric. I give Roxy a perfect 10 for quality.

I've never cut any bags I've bought. Especially if it's Roxy or Dorothy Perkins or Nine West and cost me my 1-week allowance. If it's cheap, then it's another story. But the point is, I've never cut any bags. Cheap or expensive. I respect my bags, just they way they are. But this one...it's just an eye sore.

Anyway I think the bag looks better once the front pocket is gone. Don't you think so?

From this...

To this...


It looks better and cuter! :)


But I think it'll be so much better if it's entirely dark blue, don't you think? Seriously Roxy needs to employ me as their designer.

Besides, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there having the same bag as me, but since I've cut the front pocket off, I'll never be same as anyone out there! Heehee.

No comments: