NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I went to see the doctor about my allergies, but discovered I got high blood pressure!

Today after my class ended, I bought some Dunkin Donuts. After I finished one doughnut, my upper lip started to swell (only the left side). I panicked.

Uh-oh. Was I allergic to some of the ingredients? That's weird. As far as I know, I never have any food allergies, only cosmetic.

The swell kept getting bigger and bigger. I was scared to death. What if it's somekind of growth that requires surgery?? And if I have to undergo that surgery, will my
lips be deformed and ugly? And after the surgery, can I have plastic surgery to repair my damaged lips? Can I tell the surgeon to give me the lips I've always wanted,
cute,pouty and glossy?

My mind started thinking these thoughts.

Then my father came to fetch me and we went straight away to Ampang Putri accident & emergency. Before coming into the doctor's room, the nurse checked my
blood pressure.

Needless to say, my blood pressure shot up sky high.

It was 150/95! Crazy!

The nurse couldn't believe the reading. She took the reading again. Still the same. She asked me, "Did you pee just now?"

I said yes.

She didn't say anything.

Does peeing makes your blood pressure increase?

Then I went into the doctor's room. I told her all about the doughnut and she laughed. I think I might be allergic to doughtnut or insect bite. I also mentioned about
my blood pressure, and she told me to relax for a while, then retake the reading.

A few moments later, the nurse took my blood pressure again. It went down...but only a little.
The doctor didn't dare to confirm whether I have high blood pressure or not. She told me to make an appointment with a physician. She prescribed me some allergic
pills. After I collected my medications at the pharmacy, the swell had subsided. What a waste of RM79! It was clearly insect bite.

I asked my parents, how did they feel when they first found out that they have hypertension.

Both experienced the same symptoms: feeling of stiffness in the neck,
and feeling your pulse at your neck.

But I don't have any of these symptoms.

All I know is that:
1)I haven't been getting enough sleep.
2)I haven't been eating properly.
3)I've been a bit stressed lately.
4)I panicked about my swollen lips.

My dad said that maybe my blood pressure increased because of these factors. I might have "occassional" hypertension. Whereas on the other hand, people who
experience the "classical" symptoms of hypertension might have "prolonged" high blood pressure.

Meanwhile what I need to do is:
1)Reduce my salt intake. And change my multivitamin coz it contains "Glutamic acid" which is something like monosodium glutamate, I think. A form of salt.
2)Take lots of watercress (is this the English word for pegaga?Both watercress and pegaga looks the same). Or if there's no watercress available, just take the
supplement. It promotes blood circulation.
3)Eat more bananas. Or other form of potassium.
4)My mum forced me to take Rice Bran, a supplement, which tastes like PUKE.
5)Spray some lavender on my bed to help me relax.

So I'm not gonna make an appointment with the physician yet. I'll just take these measures and monitor my blood pressure.

I hope my blood pressure goes down. Amin!

Please pray for me. I'm too young to die!

Gosh, I'm only 22 but my body feels so old!

No comments: