NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My 22nd Birthday

Today is the national holiday to the world a.k.a my birthday.

So far I've only got ONE present. From my boyfriend.

My bf, like my dad, is clueless about buying presents for women. When I'm out shopping with my dad and I ask him, which top is cuter, this or that, and he'd say, "Both look OK to me." Gee, thanks for the opinion, dad. That really helps.

My bf is no different. If I ask him, which bag is more gorgeous, this one or that one. He'd say, "Ntah, I tengok dua2 sama je."

For my first birthday since we're together, he got me a white gold necklace, a mug and rose. My second birthday with him, he gave me white gold earrings and a stuffed toy. I love all of these presents. But this year, he has no idea what to get me.

So, he gave me wads of cash.

It's so NOT romantic but it's very practical!!

Rather than he waste his money on something I will not like, it's better if he gives me money to get what I want. He said I'm the coolest girlfriend ever, coz I agreed with the fact that he gives me money, not presents, as it makes things easier for him. Hmmph! Men! But it's OK though.

Besides cash, he also gave me roses and a card. Thank you dear!

****************************************

Before I went back to Uniten on Monday (2nd February) my parents surprised me with a birthday cake and a sweet birthday card. My dad said that I'll be getting my present soon. Everyone's busy then. I was about to go to class, and my parents had to go back to Johor.

Happy Birthday to...? Haha. My name isn't on the cake. This cake is cheap, not Secret Recipe or anything, so no name! Hehe. But it's the most delicious cake I've ever tasted!


*****************************************
By the way, here's the winners for Fastest SMS Contest (a.k.a first three people to send me SMS wishing me Happy Birthday)

2nd runner up......Zarweena Abu
1st runner up........Nor Syazana Adar
Winner....................Muhammad Yasser Sabri

Congrats. But no prize for winning. Hehe.
PEOPLE WHO BOTHER TO WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY:
My boyfriend Mr.Y
My best friends Yana and Aween
My close friends in Uniten--Yah,Kak Shahadah,Kak Lin,Wani
My family--my parents, cousins Lina, Ze, Che Chik, Che Chu
Jeniffer, Wani, my ex-housemate Yan, Mr.Y's mum, Mr.Y's sis Aby
Some strangers on Friendster, Facebook...Classmates...

Wahh...this much only?? I'm so unpopular.But it's OK. Because they remember my birthday (even though they might be reminded by Friendster/ Facebook/handphones), it's enough to make me happy.

4 comments:

Shazwani Hamid said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!!!!! ;)

Nana said...

thank youuuuu wani!!

Shazwani Hamid said...

jom la klua!!! nak banje awak bday dinner or lunchie ke..ape2 la..hehe ;)

Nana said...

yay!!wani nk blanje!hehe
u set the date n lemme know..if we're both free we go out k ;) doesnt matter belated bday celebration pun xpe.hehe