NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 3 of working

Good morning!!

I'm blogging at the office.

I haven't had time to blog about my third working day (which was yesterday) coz last night I knocked out on my bed.

OK, Day 3...

Mr.Y and I had discovered that even though office hour starts at 8 a.m, doesn't mean you have to start work right there and then. Everyone at the office went out for breakfast and starts working at about 9.30am. Hehe. So our new routine is like this:

8 am: Arrived at the office. Went for breakfast. Return at 8.30am and start "working". Hehe.

1 pm: Lunch break. We went out at 1 pm sharp, others are still busy doing their work.

2 pm:Come back from lunch.

5.15 am: Office hour ends and we went home at 5.15 am sharp. Hehe. Others are still at their desks, of course.

Every Wednesday is "5S day" at the office. The company is working hard to the ISO certification for quality environment bla bla bla. So every Wednesday, there'll be an internal auditor checking every department. The desks must be clean, files should be arranged properly, labelling on everything is a must, and there should be nothing on our desks except the computer. Bags cannot be placed on the floor or on the desk, they must be stored in our "personal" drawer. My bag is a large silver tote which doesn't fit into the drawer, so the nice clerk there told me to "hide" my bag at this empy room. Hehe. Sneaky!

The department lost some marks because there's this fat bloke, who is another clerk sitting opposite my cubicle, did not label his stamps. So I did the labelling for him. Everyone was pretty pissed off with him. Haha.

But I kind of enjoy doing clerical work :-)

After we came back from our lunch break, Mr.Y and I had to move one floor down to another department. Our new workspace is much quieter than the previous one. But I think I like it here :-).

By the way, I'm still not used to working life. Even though my job is to sit at my desk and surf the Internet. But it's still tiring. I'm feeling feverish now.

During the past few days, I've lived on a steady diet of Subway. But now I've ran out of cash. It's so tough when your office is beside a shopping mall, you tend to shop everyday! Hehe. Now I can only afford to eat at mamak stall.

No comments: