NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

F-ing rude pharmacist

Today during my lunch break, Mr.Y and I went to the pharmacy to buy Tussil 5 (a cough lozenge) for his dad. OK,let me make this simple.

CONVERSATION BETWEEN ME & THE STUPID IDIOT PHARMACIST

Me: I'm looking for Tussil 5.

Pharmacist: Why do you want it? (eyeing me skeptically)

I thought, "God, she's dumb. Of course I buy cough lozenge because of a goddamn cough. Does she thinks I buy it because I have diarrhea??"

Me: Because of cough. (Duh!!!)

Pharmacist: Who's having cough? (Looking alternately between Mr.Y and me).

Me: His dad. (pointing at Mr.Y)

Then the idiot started nagging us, about how people always misuse Tussil 5 and it cannot be used for any kind of cough. Bla bla bla. At this point, I'm already irritated with her lecture. Common la, Tussil 5?? It's like Strepsils! Or even a candy!

The lecture goes on and on up until this interesting point...

Pharmacist: What kind of cough is he having?

Me: Err...chesty cough?

Pharmacist: Ha! Tussil 5 cannot be used for chesty cough!! Chesty cough you have phlegm. Tussil 5 is for dry cough.

I was confused. On cough medicines, it always read: DRY CHESTY COUGH. So isn't chesty cough=dry cough??

It sounds as if this idiot is discouraging us from buying it.

OK, here's when I exploded:

Pharmacist: Are you a pharmacist???!!! (her face sneering at me)

Me: LOOK! I'M JUST HERE TO BUY THIS THING OK! I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT!I'M JUST DOING WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD. ARE YOU GONNA SELL IT TO ME OR NOT??

Yes, dear readers. I was practically shouting. This woman really knows how to work on my nerves. And she hit the right spot...by insulting my intelligence. That's one thing I hate. If people make me feel stupid.

After I shout, I swear she was A BIT nicer to us. Like she was afraid of me or something. I still couldn't believe myself, that I could raise my voice like that. It never happened to me before. Well, this woman asked for it.

I know it's a pharmacist's job to ask questions when you ask for controlled medicines, but she shouldn't have been rude in the beginning.

Before we left...

Pharmacist: Next time tell your dad to come here himself. (To Mr.Y)
After this I won't order Tussil 5. People are always asking for this medicine.

She looked at the record and Mr.Y's dad bought Tussil 5 on 22nd April. And today he's asking for it again. She even has the guts to imply that his dad is starting to become addicted to Tussil 5! She really IS an idiot. One packet of Tussil 5 has 24 lozenges. 1 day you take 4 lozenges. Of course by 1 week the whole damn thing is finished!

And I think it's stupid of her to stop selling the lozenges. People buy it coz it works. People aren't addicted to it. Like I said, it's like Strepsils. My mum take it whenever she has cough and up until now she isn't a drug addict! She's a normal 51-year-old housewife.

Before we left the effin' pharmacy, the cashier apologized to us. She said that the pharmacist is extremely rude and everyone at the pharmacy hates her. Ha!! I hope she gets swine flu and die!!!

2 comments:

Shazwani Hamid said...

heee...bodoh nye pharmacist tuu!! menyakitkan hati jek! it was supposed to be a normal and simple transaction je kot.. tetibe jadi lame sbb dgr lecture dia yg tah pape tuu..


kite plak yg sakit hati! agak nye..dia bengang sbb tak dpt jd doktor.. dpt jd pharmacist je! hahaha =P

Nana said...

tu la..bodoh,bangang..
geram btul!!
kte pun rase die tu nak jd doctor tp x jadi...pastu nak cakap kte bodoh plak.ishh..
x penah bli ubat kat pharmacist lama mcm tu.biasenye tulis nama je.ni siap ceramah lg,nk tunjuk bagus.