NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My first day at work

The last time I woke up really really early in the morning (at 6 am-ish) was when I was in form 5.

So I was feeling rather sluggish when I woke up early on my first day of work. I showered, put on an ugly white shirt (I hate wearing shirts, but I wanted to give a professional first impression on my first day). The entire time I was planning my retirement (baru first day keje dah plan nak retire) and make a point to look for a company whose working hours starts at least at 9am when I’m looking for my permanent job.

I managed to arrive on time despite the jam. The company’s working hours is from 8am til 5.15pm. It’s the longest 9 hours of my life! I wasn’t assigned any work yet. They just give me some brochures about the company’s mission and vision, projects etc.

So there I was, for 9 hours, sitting at my cubicle doing nothing. Luckily Mr.Y brought his laptop with him (Yes!We’re working in the same company!) so sometimes I played some computer games to beat the boredom.


I think people are most likely to gain weight when they’re working in an office. You wake up, eat your breakfast, sit at your desk doing your work, go to lunch, then continue your work till 5pm. Basically, you just eat and sit down. Lucky for me, I didn’t have any appetite to eat. I only ate a Cadbury Brunch Bar for breakfast, half-eaten Subway melts for lunch and small portion of brown rice with stir fry vegetables and gulai ayam for dinner.

I went home, feeling tired as hell. I’ve never felt this tired! Not when I was schooling and busy with extra curricular activities, and not when I’m in university with 8 hours of classes in a day. Working life is just so,so tiring. My bedtime starting from this day is 9am.

MY SECOND DAY...
My second day at the office was much better. I learnt from my mistakes, and this time I brought my laptop along with me. The IT guy set up the Internet connections for me. Yay! My weight is still maintained. My diet:
Breakfast: Cereal with low fat milk, and roti telur once I'm at the office
Lunch: Subway melts again
Dinner: Small portion of brown rice with ketam masak lemak
At the office, Mr.Y (who treated me like he didn't know me and I'm just his colleague..haha mean!) deleted some programs in my lappy, and now my laptop is much faster! Thank you Mr.Y! Love ya!
P/S: Working life is super tiring. All my friends who are undergoing industrial training right now experienced the same thing. My mum used to work last time but she seemed to forget how tiring it is. She's pissed off coz when me and my dad came home, we're too tired to talk to her. But I'm too weak to even hold a conversation!

No comments: