NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Day Exam Result Came Out

When I woke up this morning, I saw some missed calls and text messages on my phone from Mr.Y. I texted back, saying I was sleeping like the dead, so that's why I didn't answer his calls. He called back.

He said exam results were already posted online. I thought he was joking. But then he told me this GPA and judging from his happy tone, I knew he was serious. So I switched on my laptop, but I totally forgot that it's 16th century in my life right now and I don't have Internet connections. Turned out that Mr.Y already checked my result. He knows my Uniten password. What a stalker!

He congratulated me. My result isn't that great. I am 0.06 away from getting DL. I'm always like that. 0.02 points away from getting DL, 0.06 from getting DL. But when I do get DL, I got excited for 5 minutes and then the happiness just fade away.

Things that I am proud of:

I got As for Structural Analysis II and Water & Wastewater Engineering! I got A- for Technical Communication, which is totally unexpected, coz people say it's hard to get A or A- for that subject. Oh, and I didn't fail the killer Steel Design paper! I got a B+!!!

Things that I am NOT proud of:
I got B+ for Reinforced Concrete Design. And C+ for Soil II!!!! Before this, my record was clean (well,sort of). The only C I ever got was for Calculus. One stupid C. And now I have one more C to add to the collection!

Benci gile Soil.

My mum was happy with my result. But when I told my dad, he just said, "It's OK, try harder next sem." No congratulations. I don't wanna hear "Try harder next sem", I wanna hear a congrats. I was so upset when he said that. I don't need to be reminded to "try again", every semester I always give 110% effort. Those of you who follow my blog will know how hard and miserable my life had been, juggling six classes. At the end of the day, I wanna hear some appreciation about my hard work!

So there I was, crying my eyes out, talking to my mum, talking to Mr.Y. My mum told me not to get so upset about my dad. She said, "Dia tu tak masuk universiti. Mane dia tau GPA ni bagus ke tak." My mum is right. To my dad, getting DL is great. Anything other than DL is bad. 3.48 is bad.

I've lost count of how many times I've explained to him that DL is 3.5 --> 4.0.

3.5-3.48=0.02

And 0.02 is a very,very small number.

I got 3.48 a few sems ago.

My mum felt bad about my own father not appreciating my result, so she treated me (and my dad) for lunch at Tony Roma's Pavillion. My dad felt bad about not appreciating my result and offered to buy me a Gin & Jacqui laptop bag for me at KLCC. Too bad I didn't know the dimensions of my laptop. My mum called my dad "Mr.Menopause" coz he'd been grumpy with her lately. My family is so weird!

Tomorrow Mr.Y and I are going to celebrate our (good) results. He said he'll blanja me. Can't wait.

No comments: