NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, December 22, 2007

-the gloomy Senai Airport-

-the Kinder Bueno cat...cute!-
Went back to JB.
On the way to KLIA, tried the new KLP highway. No difference, still took us plus minus 40minutes to get there, just that there's no jam.
At the airport, went to the chocolate shop and spotted this cute cat soft toy that comes with a packet of Kinder Bueno Schoko-Bons, so I bought it. I love collecting soft toys.Hee hee.
After a 30 minutes flight, arrived in wet and windy JB. Even though I've just shampooed my hair the other day, it's oily and flat. I dunno what is it with the air in JB, but everytime I go there, my hair is oilier than fried chicken.
One more thing I don't like about going back to JB is the food there. Ohmygod, there's briyani, laksa, soto, nasi tomato, lontong, ketupat, sambal kacang...The weather doesn't helps either, it's rainy and I feel hungry all the time. But when I was binging on the briyani, I found a dead fly. Gross. That instantly killed my appetite.
On Friday, went to City Square. The cab driver complained about how there are many cabs in JB but not many people wanna ride them. He said the govenment should do something about this, like do a research on taxi demand or something. I agree, coz in KL lots of people depend on taxis but they're always unavailable. Taxi drivers here can be so picky, especially during peak hours.
Anyway, bought some DVDs, 2 necklaces (which I don't know WHEN I'll be wearing them, I only wear 1/4 of my wardrobe), hairclips, ZA eyeshadow, and the Cecelia Ahern novel(finally!). Hmm about the novel, it's the same as Marian Keyes' Anybody Out There, about a woman coping with the death of her husband. But frankly I think Anybody Out There is miles better than P.S.I Love You. In Anybody Out There, I can't get through a chapter without bawling my eyes out. Haha.
City Square was crowded that day, I could barely walk.
Was bored to death in JB. My dad sleeps 24-7, and my mom was always busy chatting with my grandmother or her maid. Either that or she's yakking on her mobile phone. She has her mobile phone permanently glued to her ear. At home, I'm starting to get irritated whenever the phone rings.
On Friday evening, went to my late maternal grandmother's house. My diabetic uncle has swollen toe. Diabetic sucks. You can't afford to get wounded, or get blisters on your feet, coz it's hard to heal. Or maybe it won't heal at all. I dunno. You can't eat rice, can't eat almost everything. Prevention is better than cure! It's better that we control our diet at early age than suffer when we're old.
Anyway, my uncle isn't on a strict diet. He still eats tarts and all. He even force fed me some sort of cake with red beans filling (I hate red beans). Didn't eat it, asked my mum what it was. She said "Kuih Jepun from Muar." Whatever that is.
I'm as fat as a baby whale right now. Got a date tomorrow. Tried on my lovely Dorothy Perkins LBD, I can't button it on at the stomach! And one button even popped out! God, I'm so depressed. I HAVE to lose weight. Thankfully my favourite brown dress still fits me, but as I'm putting it on, I heard a rip at the seams. =( I WANNA BE THIN!!
Seriously I think my family should go back to JB less. The more we go there, the more boring it gets. If we only go back once in a while, then I'd be looking forward to it.
Ooh one more highlight! On the flight back to KL...
the stewardess gave me a bag of postcards and junk food, which are meant for kids!!
I wonder, do I look like a 7-year-old??
But I just stared at those goodies blankly and said "Thank you." If she gives me a colouring book and crayons, I'd be speechless.
By the way, I think the pic of the aiport looks like a scene from a horror movie.Hahaa. And I've just realized that my "excellent" Cybershot phone can't zoom! The Walkman phone is miles better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute little nana gets the gift for kiddies :D

Nana said...

hee (^_^)