NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Monday, March 24, 2008

It's really sad that I won't be able to enjoy university life. People say that schooldays/college life is the best time of your life. People who already have a career often feel like revisiting their schooldays/U days. I can see why. The people around me, they are so happy. They have a set of friends, a guarantee of company in class, always have people to laugh and gossip with, a certainty that they will always have groups for projects, for labs. I want to feel safe and secured like that. Not having to worry if I miss class and I will miss all the important announcements and stuffs. Not being alone while waiting for exam to start. It's good to have someone to talk to when you're nervous and all.
Well, I'm not like those perky "I'm-young-and-I-just-wanna-have-have-fun-in-college" types, and not like those career people who get misty-eyed wishing they could be students again. And I think it's sad that I'm actually RUSHING to finish off my course, when others are taking things slow and enjoying their young live. NO. I can't slow down. Time is running short. I want to finish my degree in another 4 sems. I want to graduate with my friends. I want to fulfill the agreement I made with PTPTN when I switched course, which is to complete my new course within 3 years.
I hope I won't regret "fast-forwarding" my university days. I have no intentions of going back to school, and I'm not saying "How I miss my schooldays" so I hope that once I work I won't miss my college days. But if given the chance to go back to school as my self RIGHT NOW, I would love to. I was such a loser back then. Now, after years of personal growth and development, I think I can handle school better.
And I think it's OK though, to be different from my peers. They might still want to enjoy their young life, but I have other plans. I just wanna feel secured with a degree in hand(though I doubt that it's enough to live a life of luxury, it's harder these days) and have a family and settle down. Yes, I'm old-fashioned.
Anyway I've just finished my fluid mechanics and Islamic final exams today. The Islamic paper was OK I guess but the fluid paper...urgghhh!!Speaking of exams, I remembered something. When I was sitting for my SPM, I brought, like, 20 or 30 pens with me(note:Mr.Bean). We couldn't bring our pencilcases in so I tied them all up with rubberband. I sat by the door, and every person that came in would point at my pens and laugh.

No comments: