NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Friday, March 14, 2008

project management test 2

For the first time in my life as a CE student, I've finished a test feeling bummed, crushed, dissappointed, and sad. Feeling like a complete loser.
All the stuffs that I read about project management & construction...project initiation, estimating, development of work plan, budgeting...ALL the topics regarding the subject. And all that came out was precedence diagram and arrow diagram.
Seriously I'm dissappointed.
So project management is about drawing some arrow diagrams huh? Not about the scope-budget-schedule thingy?
The precedence diagram question was kinda OK but I got the last question wrong.
The arrow digram question was totally a killer. Confusing. If we were given more time, I think I can finish the whole thing, but we were given only 45 minutes. 45 minutes! I need at least 1 hour to finish one diagram.
So I handed in the paper with only a messy arrow diagram drawn. No backward/forward pass calculation, and of course no critical path shown on it. The test was only 2 questions, so if I messed up 1 question, you can imagine how much impact it is on my marks.
The test should be more balanced, ask a bit about the theoretical part, some definitions or what, not 100% calculation. The test is not balanced at all. Both the questions are from one chapter. And the time given was too short.
I'm on the verge of crying just THINKING about the test. I can't remember the last time I felt like this.

No comments: