NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Latest worry about health...

Latest is...urmm, about some women stuff.
My mum told me that her office colleague had her uterus removed coz of fibroid. She wasn't able to have children since, but thankfully she already got 2.I've heard about a lot of women who've had their fibroids removed.
Immediate after hearing that, I immediately searched about fibroid on the Internet. The symptoms are abnormal vaginal bleeding, constipation, pain during sexual intercourse, excessive pain in the lower abdomen, frequent urination and infertility. Mostly it affects women between age 35-45. I wanna get married in my young age just to be safe(but I hope n pray it won't happen to me).
And since fertility also decreases with age, there's another reason to tie the knot early. And have lots of babies.
I searched for "prevention of fibroid" and guess what?There are no steps to be taken to prevent it, it happens coz of estrogen levels in the body or something. But there's a research that proves women who exercise have less chance of developing fibroids that women who don't.

No comments: