NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, November 28, 2009

London trip-Day 1

This is my 9th trip to London. I went there for the first time when I was a baby, couldn't remember much. It was during my second trip that I fell in love with that place (I was 13 years old). I just love everything about London, no one will understand that.

This trip is special. We got to use the Golden Lounge. I've been to Golden Lounge before, but only for domestic trips. The Golden Lounge for international flights is oh-so-nice.

I had tomato rice, some chocolates...that's it! Had to watch my weight! I didn't want to appear chubby in my holiday photos.
The flight took 13 hours, but Malaysia Airlines had a good variety of inflight entertainment. I watched The Time Traveller's Wife and P.S.I Love You.
Arrived at the new Heathrow terminal 4 at 5am. The airport was boring, not many shops there. I could only check into Malaysia Hall at 2pm, so I had to wait at the airport for 8 hours!
Fortunately, my dad discovered YOTEL. It's a small hotel located in the terminal building itself. Very convenient if you have to transit at the airport for long hours or if you have an early flight and do not want to go to the airport very early in the morning.

The rooms have a pinkish hue to it...very nice!

The rooms are extremely small, you can't move around much in it. This bed is foldable.

Everything is "folded" neatly into the wall to minimize space. Cool!

The bathroom.

There's a hole under the bed for you to store your luggage.

The Monsoon shower.

The controls for lights, TV, bed etc.



Finally at 2pm we checked out of YOTEL and took the tube to Bayswater station. Malaysia Hall is about 15 minutes walk from the station.
My room in Malaysia Hall which I had to share with my mum.

3 comments:

Shazwani Hamid said...

mcm best jer yotel tu!!!!

Shazwani Hamid said...

btw..i love love loooooveee your looong verydarkjetblack hair! sgt cantik n suits u really well! =)

Nana said...

Hehe...thanks dear.I've been keeping my hair long bcoz I was so busy last semester I didn't have time to go to the hairdresser.And now suka plak rambut panjang.
Yup, Yotel tu memang best!It's too small for 3 people, but it's cute!