NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our last buka puasa this year

Yesterday was the last time my bf and I buka puasa for this year. We had everything carefully planned out. I wanted to eat laksa and he wanted nasi lemak, so we figured that Lemongrass at Alamanda would be the perfect choice. And then we planned to eat sushi after that.

When we arrived in Alamanda at about 6pm to make reservations, we found that most of the tables at Lemongrass had already been reserved. And there's a long queue at the counter, which means that we won't get a chance of booking a table there. So we decided to just eat sushi then.

We went to Sushi King and I asked the cashier if we need to make reservations for buka puasa. She said no, we could just come straight away. Before this, I've noticed that Sushi King is the only restaurant that isn't full house during buka puasa, so I was like OK then, we'll come at 7pm.

So then we walked around Alamanda til it was almost 7pm. I was surprised to find that Sushi King was almost full and there's a huge crowd waiting outside! When we finally made it there, it was full. I was so pissed off at those makciks who filled up the restaurant! Hari lain taknak makan situ. The day that I wanted so badly to eat sushi, it's the day they decided to buka puasa there. Besides, I think those people live in Putrajaya, why can't they just go home and cook something for their husbands and kids? And give people like me, who lived far away, a chance to have some decent meal?

There's thing thing about me. If I walk into an empty store, a shop that people rarely goes in, the moment I came in, people will start come flooding in! Same goes at restaurants. Wherever it is that I planned to eat, once I came in, lots of people went in as well.

The bf and I immediately rushed to Roti Boy and bought some bread. He texted his sister, telling her to call him when it's finally time to break fast. It was around 7.15pm and she didn't call. Turned out that he mistakenly sent the text to my phone! Duh, what a disastrous buka puasa. Fortunately, the PA system announced when it was time to break fast. So we ate Roti Boy with Carrefour drinking water in his car.

Then we went back inside the mall to see if the people at Sushi King had left. No luck. We went to McDonalds, to see if there's any empty seat. None. Then off we went to the foodcourt, hoping for a kebab. The kebabs are already finished. Then we went back to McDonalds, and then Sushi King, and then McDonalds again. That's how it was, back and forth between McDonalds and Sushi King, until we finally found two empty seats at Sushi King.

Finally! We had our sushi. But the funny thing is, I only ate RM9 worth of sushi. Two plates only! Which is weird coz two plates are never enough for me. I ate the prawn+cucumber+fish eggs+mayonnaise sushi (forgot the name) and the deep fried scallop, and the I'm full! My bf only ate 2 plates as well.
So that's now our final buka puasa for this year went.

No comments: