NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Calorie Counter

Came across this calorie counter website. Searched about Nando's. I'm addicted to Nando's, thanks to my mum, she's a loyal customer there.

Usually I would order 1/4 chicken leg + rice + peri chips...but lately I prefer 1/4 chicken leg + rice + coleslaw. I always order the leg part coz in comparison with the wing part, the wing part is bigger and thus, is more loaded with calories and fats right? Wrong! Read on...

-Quarter Chicken Leg & Thigh-
-Quarter Chicken Breast & Wing-


Yes I was right, the chicken breast calorie is higher than the chicken leg calorie...by 97kCal only!!! And surprisingly, the leg part has more fats, calories from fat and saturated fat than the wing part!!! OK, the carb content in wing is slightly higher by 0.1g...big deal *eyes rolling*. But the breast part has so much more protein in it!!!

I am so gonna eat the chicken wing after this. No more leg for me! No wonder all those fitness gurus insisted on eating chicken breast rather than leg.

OK Here are the total calories I consumed everytime I eat at Nando's:


1/4 chicken leg...346kCal


Rice......................223kCal


Coleslaw..............282kCal


TOTAL...............851kCal!!!!




OMG NO WONDER I'M SO FAT!!!


No comments: