NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I hate Friendster

A few days ago, I received a comment from one of my friends and it was a cartoon video. The cartoon looks like Alvin & the Chipmunks (but it's not). I tried to play the video, coz I thought it will deliver a cute message or something, but when I clicked the play button, a message came out. I didn't read the entire message, but the comment that I received is something called "phishing."

Last time MySpace had also warned its users about this phishing thing. Phishing is a process of attempting to acquire information like usernames, passwords etc, through websites like Friendster, Facebook, e-bay etc.

Nowadays, everytime I look at my friends' profiles, there's always pictures of some slut showing off her boobs. Some of my friends are pissed off too, coz that stupid Friendster virus or whatever they call it, hacked their profile, and used their account to spread those nasty pics to their friends.

I received a bulletin from one of my friends about this virus. Apparently, the virus will cause you to "sign out" without having to click "log out." When you sign in again, the virus will use your account to spread the pic to all your friends.

Friendster sucks! I'm out.

No comments: