NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Monday, December 8, 2008

Selamat hari raya aidiladha

Spend raya haji in KL (yeay!).

It's a very boring holiday. But it's OK, coz I love staying at home feeling bored. I'm a homely person, you see.

Went to MPH Great Eastern mall coz they're having a 3-for-2 sale. I was hoping to buy Rich Dad,Poor Dad (Mr.Y wants this book too), Shopaholic & Baby and Who Moved My Cheese. But when I got there, Shopaholic & Baby was out of stock. And there were only OLD copies of Rich Dad,Poor Dad. And I was having second thoughts about Who Moved My Cheese.

I've always wanted to buy motivational books. But once I got my hand on a copy, I hesitated before making my way to the cashier. I thought that those self-help books can benefit me in terms of self development. But the contents are so...LAME. And the titles are embarassingly cheesy. So I think, those self-help books are not for me. My life isn't so screwed up so I don't need them.

So I went home empty-handed (but with plenty of cash in my purse).

I love books. But I'm always debating which books I should buy. I'm a fan of chick lits. They're great when you first bought them, but once you've read the whole book? I'm not the kind of person who read the same book twice. So I think paying RM35.90 for a book you only read once is not worth it. Except if it's a Little Black Dress book, coz it's only RM19.90. But still, things like these accumulates over time. And like I mentioned, I only read them once!

But I always ignore all these thoughts in my head and proceed to buy the book anyway :p


Once I'm home, I tried studying for the Soil quiz, but I couldn't get pass even one sentence in the book.

**********
Note to self: always try makeup before buying it. Especially eyeshadows. I love eyeshadows that have a rich colour, high pigment, however you may describe it. Sometimes, I would buy eyeshadows that looks DARK but when applied, the shade is really light.
Best eyeshadow brand: L'Oreal
Worst eyeshadow brand: Maybelline, Rimmel
I think MAC has great eye colours as well.



No comments: